Starting again!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by chunkyd
    on

It’s been a long time since I posted on here. I started the BSD on 1st January 2017 and lost about 26 lbs in the first eight weeks. Then I relaxed a little but still managed to continue the weight loss, so that by the end of May that year I had lost a total of 35 lbs. I felt great, and even though I still wanted to lose a bit more, I was more than happy with my efforts. I visited by father who lives in the US in June 2017 and was sensible, only adding 2 lbs in the 12 day trip. My mother was given around 12 months to live in February 2017, and as you can imagine there was much ‘eating and drinking for comfort’, particularly towards the end of 2017, and she passed away peacefully in December of that year. At that point I had put back on about 10 or 12 lbs from my lowest weight, so not horrendous, and I was still 24 lbs down on my starting weight. Onto 2018, and the grief and stress of dealing with Mum’s estate (she lived 3 hours from where I live), and more ‘eating and drinking for comfort’ took its toll. By the middle of 2018 I had put on another 9 or 10 lbs, but I still consoled myself that I was over 14 lbs down from my starting weight. It’s funny how you can convince yourself that you are still on the right track. All this time I was generally still following my breakfast and lunch routines from the original 8 week BSD, with perhaps one or two exceptions each week. Fast forward to end of 2018, and all the weight is back on. The last 4 or 5 months I have lost the plot.
    So as of today I am back on the 8 week BSD. I hope I find it as ‘straightforward’ as I did 2 years ago. I’ll keep you posted!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Chunkyd – You are back here and it is great! You have gone through the mill putting it mildly (and my condolences for your loss). It is time to look after yourself now :). You know what to do and how to do it. There’s a weekly thread, a 16 week thread to Easter and lots of other threads where you will be warmly received if you fancy it. Welcome home, Chunkyd! 🙂
    Kazzeexx

• posted by chunkyd
    on

Thanks for the encouragement KazzUK, it means a lot!
    x

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Chunkyd

Welcome back to BSD. Sorry to hear about how difficult things have been for you. You’re in great company back here and, like you, I started in January 2017. There are a few of the January 2017 starters still on here, SueBlue, Dreamscometrue to name a couple and we joined in the January to Easter road trip thread which KazzUK started for us all after Christmas. Some of us are still plodding along and using this wonderful group of like minded BSDers to help us on our journeys. You know this way of eating works and you lost an incredible amount in the first 8 weeks so jump back in with us all and welcome back.

I had a little break over Christmas and my first weigh day for 2019 is tomorrow! Feeling a little apprehensive but hey, like you, I am continuing the journey……..

• posted by alliecat
    on

Let me send you a hug, Chunyd. I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mother a few years ago too, and it is such
    a traumatic and intense experience, and you must be kind to yourself as you travel through the grieving process.
    It will get easier with time. We’re happy to have you back in the fold, and I know that you will find many old
    friends are still here. Verano is out and about, Californiagirl and SunnyB too.! You’ll be back in the groove in
    no time, so jump in anywhere 🙂

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome back Chunkyd – as Kazz said, it’s time to take care of yourself now. You have certainly had a rough time, but don’t allow the fact that the pounds have crept back to colour the way forward. I’m sure your previous experience with this way of eating will be valuable and that you will soon be seeing good results again. Remember to make good use of the forum, it’s invaluable when things get iffy – but I’m sure you know that already.
    Make 2019 YOUR year. We’ll look forward to reading about your progress.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi everyone and sorry to chunky d for your tough times.
    I’d love to join this thread. I did the BSD on and off losing some weight and have since been a bit too relaxed, still maintaining the main principles I rarely have pasta, bread etc but the naughty treats sneak in every now and then. I haven’t lots to lose but need focus and have some accountability so I can drop from 10 stone 10 to under 10 stone by the beginning of March when I have my wedding dress fitting! looking forward to some mutual support here and hope that 2019 is a positive one .

Please log in or register to post a reply.