Starting afresh on Monday 26th August 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Coriander
    on

Hi, all. Hope you’re all well.

I’m having yet another stab at the 8-week plan, because I’m determined to get out of the pre-diab range before the end of the year. My mindset has been a bit crap of late, which has resulted in an overconsumption of carbs/sugary things. I feel fat, tired, achy, miserable, and with energy levels which are down on the floor. When I tried the plan before (and crashed out after 2 weeks) I had started to feel much better, so why I then went on to self-sabotage I have no idea. It’s madness.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else who’s just starting out would like to ‘buddy up’ so we can support each other over the next 8 weeks. Some mutual support during the BSD journey would be brill.

Best wishes.

• posted by ITFC78
    on

Hi Starting afresh. I am starting tomorrow after the Bank Holiday. I’ve read the book and now it is the time to change my bad habits.
    I am happy to be your buddy for this journey

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Coriander and ITFC78
    If you are both happy to participate in a thread with more members you could consider following the One Week at a Time or the monthly thread ( Awesome August soon to move into September)

You will find people at different stages of Fast 800 who would be happy to share their experience and keep you motivated, answering any queries you may have. We understand about self-sabotage !
    Both threads are very active, and most importantly, very friendly and supportive.
    All the very best to you both !

• posted by Coriander
    on

Great stuff. Let’s do this!

• posted by Coriander
    on

Good to know, Thanks, Wendleg.

• posted by Coriander
    on

Hey, ITFC78. How’s Day 1 going for you?

Hope you’re having a good one.

All the best.

Coriander.

• posted by ITFC78
    on

Hi Coriander,
    For a first day I think it went quite well. The hot weather helped I think as I drank loads of iced water and didn’t feel that hungry.
    I started with scrambled egg with some baked beans (240), then had a meal replacement shake and bar during the day (375)
    I then finished off the day with a tuna salad without any dressing just a dribble of olive oil.
    To stop the late night rush to the kitchen I had an early night with a book and another iced water😊
    How did your day go?

• posted by Coriander
    on

Sounds like a very successful day, ITFC78! Nice one. Keep up the good work 🙂

I got very hungry and shaky before bed last night, and felt a bit faint, so I snaffled some cashew nuts to stabilise my blood sugars. It took my cal count for yesterday beyond 900, but as I only had 700 on Monday, I wasn’t too bothered.

Anyway, I’ve lost 4 pounds in two days, which is most welcome.

Hope your Wednesday goes well. Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes

Coriander.

Please log in or register to post a reply.