Started on 5 January

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by paul1874
    on

Hi I have just started this way of eating and have already lost 7lbs, which is a good sign.
    A little about me
    56 years old, 6ft 3ins, 18st 0lbs. 47in waist. Elevated blood sugar
    Trying to get rid of big, fat belly and lower blood sugar.
    I’m a Krav Maga instructor in my spare time and its not good to stand in front of the class being so fat!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Paul and welcome. I’ve just been watching a Krav Magna clip on Youtube – had no idea what it was! It sounds as if you have made a good start. You will find lots of good tips, recipes and advice on here – and a good mix of people with a lot of experience of this way of eating, as well as newcomers. We have two threads in particular which you might find helpful – a weekly challenge (“One week at a time…”) and Kazzee’s road trip which started last week and runs to Easter. Feel free to join in and best wishes for your journey. You will be amazed!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi Paul.

Great start! The first weel or so is generally the toughest. Get through that and as your body adjusts it gradually gets easier.

I had to Google Krav Maga (I like learning things, so that’s good.)

• posted by paul1874
    on

Well that’s the first week completed and have lost 16 lbs!

The best part is that I have not been feeling as hungry as I thought I would just a few moments that passed after having a drink of water. I have found that I like some vegetables more than I thought but carrots taste very sweet!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.