SPRING or FALL, A Challenge For All (ending 5th September)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theodora
    on

I have grandchildren and a few of their friends staying this week too, and plan lots of walking, swimming and sailing, so I am hoping maintenance will be much easier in week 2, as we don’t tend to drink (alcohol, obviously) nearly as much when we are responsible for the youngsters! Food will be interesting though as one granddaughter has 52 separate food allergies, anther is vegan and one of their friends is coeliac!! What with all that, and low carb for me, I may be cooking 4 or 5 different options every day!

Well done to all losers and maintainers and to anyone who hasn’t lost, well done for keeping on keeping on.

• posted by Marsie
    on

lol Theodora, it sounds as though you will be doing lots of running too….around them, for them, herding them in this direction or that. What fun you really will have:)

• posted by Marsie
    on

So well done, SunnyB, you deserve it with your hard work and your support of others.

That’s a loss Verano, roughly the same as mine I think, and we’ll keep going as usual.

Enjoy your dress, ClarinetCathy, and your camping trips topcac and SunnyB.

Week 2 awaits us.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Sorry to go so badly AWOL having even started the last challenge and vanishing from the face of the earth. Its a bit late to join this one so I will focus on getting back on track then hopefully join the next.
    Was whisked away on an unexpected holiday but ended up being really ill.
    Good to see everyone is keeping on.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to hear about your illness, hope you are better again now. Don’t worry about missing the first week of the challenge, just jump in if you’d like to. If not, please do use the thread to let us know how you are going, anytime you like.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Forgot on my earlier post, to say that I am doing pretty well at sticking to my four point plan. Exercise is still the one that I’m slack about, but I have been doing a little everyday, so it’s not been totally ignored. Have been sticking to the 800/20 wherever possible and I’m setting a new mini-goal to get to 8st 5lb – that needs a loss of 1.6lb from today. Most days, my overnight fast is around the 18>19hr mark, with only the w/e’s being the exception at the moment.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Verano – One pound off is amazing – take it, my girl! And start the week a fresh. At this rate you’ll have lost nearly one and half stones by Christmas – sounds good too me. And well done everybody else too!

Verano – you asked me in your 7 day thread if I had any ideas. Crikey , Verano, I’m no expert! I’ve had more ups and downs than a see-saw. But , since you ask, I’ll just say what is in my head right now. And I quote – ‘I am already slim, I am already at target weight. I will endeavor to make healthy exercise and food choices. If I indulge a little, it’s fine. Because this my life now. And I can’t go through my life being 100% perfect. And nothing is going to change when I do get to target. So , this is actually my practice run.’ I find this frees up my brain to actually get things done instead of obsessing about food and minor/large transgressions. I give myself permission to make mistakes then move on.
    The other thing that is working for me is ‘keeping things simple.’ No complicated recipes. Things that require only a few ingredients and easily made/frozen. The thing that that is really working for me is my page a day diary – I kick off the day with lemon and ginger water and plan food/exercise for the day and having a wee rant – I write it all down – how I’m feeling, etc – get it all off my chest – 😀 Take what I need out the freezer and I’m good to go. If I have to have a substitute due to unforeseen circumstances, it’s ok. If I am having a social occasion, I plan accordingly.
    I’m also not very strict – About 1000 cals, 1-2 pieces fruit a day and fish and chips at the weekend – not giving that up for anybody! The weight is going slowly -I’m happy with that. Slow and steady wins the race!
    Apologies -As usual, I’ve had too much to say. But ‘every little helps’ – wishing you every success, Verano (and everybody else). Be kind to yourself – it works. I’m far from ‘there’, but all I can do is take it one day at a time and really hope my stupid brain doesn’t turn itself against me again!

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

I’m feeling very inspired reading about everyone’s weeks – well done!
    My first week in France has not been brilliant but could have been worse I guess. Have had chips twice and some goats cheese on toast, savoury galettes twice and too much cheese and dark chocolate I’m sure. Apart from that have managed to stay away from crêpes, ice cream, desserts, pastries and bread (apart from those toasts).
    Unfortunately I haven’t been able to weigh myself yet and have been stressing about how much weight I might have put on. I don’t want to carry on like this for the next two weeks.
    So I’m having a quieter day today food wise and hope I can have a simpler few days.
    You are all inspiring me so thank you!

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

Actually I mean, my first week in France has been brilliant, but my EATING has not been so brilliant! 😂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dumpty, it sounds like you really have this whole thing worked out, bending the BSD to work for you within your life style and that is what it’s all about. If you are getting results on 1000 cals, a couple of pieces of fruit etc. all power to you and long may it continue.

Maisie, don’t panic about not being able to weigh yourself, perhaps try to have a few days with no little non-BSD treats and I’m sure you will find the scales aren’t too unkind on your return. Not much help now, but I always take ketosticks with me when we are away, as this helps me to keep track of how things are going and gives me an idea when I need to reign things in a bit. Enjoy the rest of you time in France and we’ll look forward to hearing your news when you can post.

• posted by Busybee
    on

It took a lot of effort to report in today as I am hanging my head in shame – the carb monster escaped at the latter end of the week and I not only regained ( yet again) the five pounds I lost last week, but another three as well!
    I know some of it will be fluid but it is more than I gained during a whole month on holiday. Next time I am tempted with nasty white stuff I must remember how I am feeling today.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on taking ownership BusyBee, but don’t be too down on yourself. We all fall foul of those dreaded carbs from time to time, we are all of us human after all.

I’m confident that with some focus this week, you will be reporting something much more positive next week. Best of luck to you.

• posted by Verano
    on

Dumptynomore …. a stone and a half sounds good to me!! Thanks for your thoughts it sounds very good getting your head into the right frame of mind.

Today I had some really good mature Double Gloucester cheese with a couple of olive crackers and an olive oat cake. I realise that by having a small amount of something really delicious I’m able to savour it and not eat mindlessly. So from now on I’m going to do my best to have really good food when I can. I have even bought a loaf of Vogels chia, sunflower and pumpkin seed bread which I’ve frozen. I slice has 14g of carbs and I think it will be a real treat very occasionally. Well I hope it will be but who knows I really may not enjoy it at all anymore!

Good to hear of more losses from others. Really looking forward to week two and hopefully a loss again and more than 1lb if possible.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Thanks Sunny – I wouldn’t say I have it worked out exactly – it’s a steep learning curve – refining it almost on a daily basis – taken me almost 7 weeks from my restart to get to this point building on on it all the time – hoping to have lost 1 stone by the end of the 8 weeks, at the rate I’m going at. Not as fast as the first time, but I’m happy with that. I just feel that if I had started out at 800 cals, I have nowhere to go when I stop losing , as I surely will. This way I have scope to go to 900 then 800cals. Then i will cut out fruit, then I will cut out fish and chips . Hopefully by then , I’ll be ‘there’If not, I’ll have to think of something else – failing that bang my head off a brick wall – 😀

Verano – you’re very welcome. That’s a good tactic, to eat good food you enjoy. Would feel like a treat. Different things work for different people – it’s just finding whatever that is. Keep going, one day at a time. Be thinking of you.

Dumpty

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Weigh in from this morning found me still bumping along the top of my comfort zone at 11 stone exactly, so will have 2 fast days this week. I am having a week off planning tracking though, so my fast days could be anywhere between 800-1200 calories. I am just having two meals and no snacks with no white stuff on each ‘fast’ day. If my Sunday weigh in is still around the same level I will try three days next week as I am going away for the bank holiday weekend and some of the following week. I will intermittent fast tomorrow as well, around 16:8 probably, but will be having my first post BSD actual pasta dish for lunch with a king prawn linguine, so will stick to my one hour rule.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All.Im starting to get back on track.Yesterday I weighed in up 1 Kg the result of binging on catbs for several weeks .So today back to testing Bgl and writing down everything. Trying to delay breaky till 11am and save some calories for the evening and to boost protein for a few days.I made vegetable soup with every veg in the fridge and some pork bones.My plan is to focus on fluids for a few days trying to flush out my system and feel full. I really felt bad this afternoon blurred vision and head ache.so I gave in to a sweet bun as It happened at the shops. I hope you are all doing well cheers Lynne

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi all, I didn’t post my weigh in results for the 1st week as there were none – I stayed exactly the same. I have lost about a pound in the last couple of days though, so hoping to record a loss for week 2.
    I don’t usually fall victim to the “carb monster” and read those posts with interest HOWEVER this week I had a taste of just how evil it is! On Monday I was running late and so just quickly grabbed a few snacks to have at work for lunch (apple, nuts, celery). I was hungry in the early afternoon so had a very small blueberry cupcake, thinking I had the 150 calories or so “spare” to cover it. Anyway usually I can eat lunch and then not feel hungry until dinner time, but an hour after eating the cupcake I felt starving hungry, like I hadn’t eaten at all. I wasn’t going to be home for dinner until 7.30 as had to go shopping with my husband, so had a KFC burger (!!) at the shopping centre at about 5pm… another 550 calories gone. When we did get home husband had an English muffin with butter and it looked so good (and I was still hungry!) so I had one too. Then I was craving chocolate so ate 1/2 a dark chocolate bar (usually only have one square every now and then). Anyway total calories were about 1400 for the day and I didn’t even feel satisfied! Moral of the story is avoid bad carbs – one little 150 calorie cupcake turned into 1000 extra mainly bad carb calories for me 🙁
    I paid for it though – was in so much pain the next day..lesson learnt!

• posted by holly_v_h
    on

Hi all, I haven’t joined a 4 week challenge before but trying to do a 3 week challenge to start. Basically I need some help and motivation to get back into this – I took some ‘time out’ of dieting while I was getting married but now I’m back to reality and need to start eating right. We’re pretty much through all the wedding booze (thank god) and I’m starting to feel like I may have a problem with alcohol.
    I can manage without for one evening ok but the next day is usually so miserable (probably due to withdrawing – yes I really do think I’m that dependent on it) that I end up drinking that night again.
    So this is a double whammy for me – trying to train my stomach to eat less again and also get over my yearning for alcohol. It’s all very well in moderation but I’m drinking too often. Did make me laugh that the new ‘Clever Guts’ diet encourages drinking red wine – I thought to myself now that is a diet I could follow! Definitely couldn’t keep it in moderation though…
    Anyway, I have had much less bread and potatoes since doing this diet at the beginning of this year though so something stuck. Just need to cut calories and alcohol down!
    Wish me luck!

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Dear All,

I haven’t posted my weigh-in this week as I sabotaged myself with just 0.2lbs to go and have been wrestling with the Carb-monster for the last week and a half. I’m succeeding – nearly back to where I was. What a learning experience; following a portion of white rice I transformed into a Human Carb Vacuum Cleaner and I have wrestled to gain self-control. It is a bit worrying, will I never be able to eat white pasta and rice ever again?? I feel your pain SueBlue.

holly_v_h – alcohol is my weakness but I find red wine harder to guzzle than white or rosé (which go down the hatch too quickly). Dr Michael’s suggestion of pouring one glass for your meal and then putting the bottle away on the other side of the room/different room is good. On days when I’m abstaining I get a wine glass fill it with ice and a slice of lemon and top it up with Saint Pellegrino. Treating the lovely sparkling water as a special drink is a good substitute – could also put a slice of cucumber and/or mint leaves in to jolly thinks up. Anyway I’m wishing you luck as requested.

Positive thoughts to you all,
    LippyLipid xx

• posted by holly_v_h
    on

Thanks LL, I too have a white rice problem especially when I go near sushi – I would never have dreamed I would care about rice so much!

That’s a really good tip about having something else in the wine glass – I will try it, thanks very much! Unfortunately I find it all too easy to guzzle red wine… but that was in the past…hopefully…

Something I wanted to ask about is that I’ve noticed you all mention fasting overnight – would you include tea/coffee/any drinks in this?

Dumpty I like the page a day idea – I always fall down without planning but I have a new husband who likes to cook and finds my meal plans very boring and uninspiring. So maybe we need to plan the night before. He is on board with the diet but annoyingly finds it a lot easier than me to lose weight – which means he is really casual about the whole thing.

Thanks all, reading this thread has kept me on track so far the last few days so I’ll stay on it I think! Helps to know other people are trying too.

• posted by holly_v_h
    on

Sheesh! So after reading the forums I was bolstered enough to get on the scales for the first time in 2 months.
    My starting weight in January was 12st 13lb, after doing the diet for a month and a half I had got down to 11st 13lb so was feeling pretty smug and basically was off and on after that. “It’s so easy to lose weight, I don’t need to worry!”. Idiot.
    Just got on the scales and I’m back up to 12st 7lb. All that hard work and weight loss for nothing – I’m feeling like such an idiot right now.
    Back on with a vengeance.
    No more booze, bread or potatoes in the house.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Holly I must admit that I find giving up, or rather cutting down, on alcohol the hardest part of dieting. I can quite easily manage on 800-1000 calories for food, have that down pat now (well I should after 6 months of following this WOE!). I found I was only hungry for the first few days, and now as long as I eat protein and healthy fats (rather than carbs) at meal times I’m fine. Wine on the other hand is a different story!
    I found the weeks i completely stopped having alcohol then my weight would drop significantly. However it is hard completely abstaining, so now I try and only have wine on weekends and keep
    Weeknights alcohol free. White wine and soda or mineral water is nice (I have it 1/2 and 1/2, so 4 glasses is really only 2 drinks).
    Anyway, good luck with the challenge 🙂

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi all, Miss a day and there is so much to catch up on!

Busybee, good that you did call in. Everybody tells me. ..no shame. ..so, I say to you … no shame. Maybe resignation that here we go again. I don’t know what it is about our thinking that has us ignoring lessons learnt, over and over again. But we’ll be ok because we come back to principles and carry on.

Goodness Butterlover, take care! See you soon.

Ohh, SueBlue, those bl….. carb monsters. They’re just there waiting for one little glimpse of a weak spot…….send them packing😬 Double that up for LippyLipid, then add on my lot. You know, weight of numbers must work in our favour.

holly_v_h, welcome and I think good for you on facing your demons so frankly. I’m sure that will help you on this journey.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi Holly – welcome – This page a day is revolutionary for me. I bought an A5 July 2017-2018 diary which actually holds 14 months – enough to see me to the end. I preplan food and exercise and since 1st July I have lost nearly a stone. Slow, I know – but I am a slow loser. I use it to record non scale victories like stoping sweeteners after 10 years of trying, stopped milk in tea and coffee, and other ‘nice’ effects. You should discuss with your husband , what he’s planning to cook , then decline carby bits and add extra veg. Cooking different meals doesn’t really work for me.

And the page a day really helps to draw a line under today and start afresh tomorrow. Hope that helps.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thank you for your support Marsie.
    X B

• posted by topcac
    on

Hello All

Wishing all of you a great weekend – happy and healthy (eating). I have the Great Camping Challenge ahead of me this weekend. I haven’t been camping since I started this plan and I used it as an excuse to eat rubbish – not so this time – everything BSD friendly save for a very nice bottle of wine…between two!

See you on the other side!

TC 🙂

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Hey holly

Though I don’t drink I hear you on the white rice – I have always been a. Total addict for rice and bread.

A book that helped me was called binge no more. It helps you see and understand the saboteur voice inside. Basically anything you crave is actually some form of poison for you. It might be worth checking out aa- I went to some food addicts meetings and although it was too full on for me. I found people’s stories and the community very helpful.

I see a lot of women discussing trouble with wine. My heart goes out. It’s not easy to admit that a substance feels like itnhave power of you. My experience has been that for me personally – abstinence is the only workable solution- we are here for you. Warm wishes.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello. It has gone rather quiet on this thread. I’m still here! I’m sure lots of others are too. I’m hoping for a loss of some description tomorrow but probably small. I did post earlier in the week but it seems to have got lost in the ether. Hope everybody is having a good week.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a very small loss for me this week of 0.6 of a pound! So that makes a total of 1.6lbs in two weeks. Certainly not earth shattering but nonetheless a loss.

Hope everyone else is having a more successful challenge than me!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am certainly still here, and this morning’s official challenge weigh in has me the ‘right’ side of my target again for the first time since my last holiday/non tracking period at 10 stone 10.4. Sticking to not tracking food generally, yesterday was a fast day and ended up at around 500 calories, with a lot of cups of tea and coffee, some buttered scrambled eggs, Greek yoghurt and a couple of teaspoons of houmous (not at the same time) and not a lot else. Short on veg so will make up for that today. From tomorrow I have almost a week of eating out/hotel breakfasts to navigate, then a short holiday in Cornwall self catering followed by back to work and my routine in September. I am certainly glad to have a little wiggle room back before embarking on this next week and a bit.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

A 0.2 lb loss for me this week! Still a loss although negligible! A rather disappointing result! I will see through to the end of this four week challenge and then take some time out to decide whether to call it a day and just aim to maintain which effectively is what I’ve been doing since June.

It’s getting ridiculously difficult now to achieve a loss and maintain it.

Hope everyone had had a good week.

• posted by Busybee
    on

I too am disappointed, though not surprised, with my loss of 1 lb. My weight has been all over the place this week as has my calorie intake! I am struggling but will keeping on keeping on one day at a time.
    Let’s hope for a better week.
    X B

• posted by Theodora
    on

I’m still here too.

CC, well done for still plodding on. I have given you my words of wisdom, for what they’re worth, on our January thread.

MnM – I’m in Cornwall too – maybe we’ll bump into each other walking the coastal path😉 Well done on getting below your target again.

And as for you, Verano, your small loss is great but well and truly trumped by your blood results 😀

B – a loss is a loss so congratulations.

As my challenge was to maintain, I guess one could say that I’m managing that as I this morning I weighed in at 0.2lb less than I started 2 weeks ago – but I only have 1lb of wriggle room and would be much happier to have my whole 5lbs back. But it’s been challenging, what with catering for all my house guests, dining out at least 3 times a week and several parties (it’s been a really mad summer, socialising wise) and wine almost every day. On the plus side, it does prove it can be done and once I get back to a more normal way of living, I think it will become easier.

Hope everyone else is having good results.

• posted by topcac
    on

I’m also here still – back from a disastrous camping trip which saw me consume too much alcohol and too much ‘white ‘stuff despite my best intentions. No loss for me this week (quelle surprise) but no gain either so I think myself very lucky.

I think I’m with ClarinetCathy on this in that I’ve been within 3lbs of my current weight – higher or lower, since April. So I have to take stock and either decide this is it, and be happy with it, or stop buggering about and lose this final 9.5lbs!!

Good luck with today’s weigh in everyone!

• posted by MaisieMouse
    on

I managed to get on the scales for the first time yesterday and was absolutely delighted to still be 9st 8lbs which is what I was when I came out to France two weeks ago.
    In my head I felt I’d ballooned what with the meals out, frites, daily dark chocolate and rather a lot of cheese… although my belt was saying all was fine.
    Next week I’ll be back in the U.K. but in a hotel and won’t be able to weigh again, apart from a stop off at home this Sunday.
    Again I’m hoping for no gain!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, I am back with my tail between my legs and hoping to join you here for the next 2 weeks. This year, after losing 26lbs on BSD I have now regained all but 8lbs so, 18lbs back on starting with my holiday at Easter, then it seems to have been one holiday after another. However, this one seems to have been the worst and I havent even been anywhere, just had family staying and trying to keep 2 little boys occupied, going to various parks and ending up having to have burger or sandwich. My BG as also gone up because of a couple of slip ups on the carb side but is coming back down.

So I have just checked my calendar and I have just over 2 weeks before I need a HbA1c it is also 2 weeks before I get my next visitors who are carb munching, heavy drinking ladies from my past life. Help. So I must make an all out effort to get back on track and maybe when they visit I will be in a place of strength.

Starting weight 12 stone 1lb (even though I said I never wanted to see a 12 again). Take heed my friends the temptations are still out there. I think I need Mulder and Scully to help me but I know I will get all the support I need right here.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Big congrats to everyone posting a loss this week, regardless of how much. A loss is a loss and a step in the right direction. Big commiserations to those – like me – who have had to report a gain of some kind this time. This w/e I had a camping trip with the grandchildren, which resulted in a gain of 0.8lb for me, bringing me to just 0.4lb above my target weight, but it was still tough to see on the scales this morning.

I’m fairly confident this small gain is in the main water retention and a little constipation, so I’m hoping that I will be back under target weight again within a few days and will be able to report a better result this time next week. I’m pleased to say that as far as social events go, there are very few for me between now and our next holiday, so I have quite a clear run to be able to get to where I want to be before then. Really want to build myself some wriggle room, so that I don’t have to stress too much while we are away.

Final comment – Sunshine-girl, lesson learnt the hard way I guess, but you know you have the tools to be able to get back to where you want to be and we are all here to back you up. I’m sure you will A) be back under that 12st marker very soon and B) be able to get back to where you were, both weight-wise and BG-wise.

Best of luck for a good week everyone and I look forward to reading lots more positive results this week and next week too.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g sorry about the gain but as SunnyB says ‘you have the tools’. I think a few of us have had iffy summers weight wise and we can only move forward from today. It will probably go quicker than you think as some of it will definitely be water. Just 1.1lb and you will be back into the 11’s so not a lot and you can do it. You were doing so well before the family visited and you will do again just get one good day in and you’ll be back on track,

on

thanks Mulder and Scully (Verano and SunnyB) – I guess my story answers that old question “can we go back to our old eating habits” and the answer is a resounding NOOOOOOOOO. I’ve got my toolkit out and will be digging deep from now on.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You are absolutely right S-G, there is no returning to the old ways, unless we want to go right back to where we were when we first started out on the BSD. Dig away and I’m confident we’ll get some good news from you next week.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Hi folks!

Greetings from the stunning sibillini mountains in Italy!!

So I did my first 38 hour water fast yesterday and it was really ok! Apart from a very growly Tum at night- I learned I can tough it out – and I felt amazing this morning- missioned it On a 3 hour hill walk.

Best news – DOwn a kg from yesterday! So very happy with that. I am going to fast again from tonight – hoping to make it to 48h or 60h depending on how I feel on Thursday night.

Doing this to a. Get my insulin down and my weight moving and b. To get to 72.5 for next weds – I am currently 75.2.

Love to all

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Onetowatch I’m impressed by your fast! Was going to say I’d find 36 hours hard to do but then I realised I’ve done this a number of times in the past (when in hospital, awaiting surgery or procedures etc), good luck with your longer fasts.
    I’ve had a good week, 800g down. I’m not getting too excited though as for 10
    Weeks now I’ve been losing and gaining the same 1-2 kilos! I still have 4kg to lose before my birthday goal weight, and only a month to do it in. I wish I could say I was in maintenance and just accept that this is the correct weight for my body but it’s not, I’m still 18kg above the top of the BMI range for my height.
    I’ve been doing BSD now for 32 weeks and the rate I’m going I think it will be another year at least before I get to my goal weight! Not giving in though!
    Good luck everyone for the coming week 🙂

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Onetowatch- well done on your long fast- I am impressed. I haven’t done a longer fast than 24 hours but it is something I am very interested in for health benefits and I have started to do regular fasting. I am hoping that if and when I get to my desired goal weight, fasting will be beneficial for maintenance. Really rooting for you to reach your target by Wednesday.

SueBlue-congratulations on your loss this week. We are both at the 32 week mark and having similar issues up and down the same few pounds. LIke you, I am not giving in yet! My exercise bike is coming out of the loft at the weekend and I shall be following Michaels HIT regime on page 171 of the book in the hope that the six week cycling regime will help kick start some weight loss again and I can eventually achieve my goal. Keep plodding Sue- we are both contenders for The Guinness Book of Records!

on

Hi there, I must say these fasting times are a worry to me but, if I am right and C-C, S-B and OtoW are not diabetics so if it works for you, fine. Just put it out there that diabetics cannot go for such long periods without something. I personally cannot go without food for more than about 5 hours except for during the night when I am inactive but even then I need a snack before bed.

Day 2 for me and I resisted all temptation yesterday with yoghurt and fruit for breakfast, ploughmans for lunch and skinny cottage pie for dinner. My evening snack was tuna on a couple of endive leaves. Can already feel some improvement although I am not going to weigh until Friday. BG is still up at bit but at 120 it is still under the top range, prefer it to be around 100 so will keep insulin at 24 for a while longer. Managed 25 mins in the pool yesterday and, as it looks like a hot one again, might do another stint. Keep on keeping on…. everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good point s-g. I must admit I also wonder about the wisdom of long fasts.

Well done yesterday …. one day at a time!

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

Hi

I haven’t posted since the start of the challenge but have been reading avidly! I am 4lbs down since 8th August so on track for 2lbs a week. I am on the one hand finding it quite easy but I have had “blips” . I am now fitting into lots of my smaller nicer more expensive clothes and I wonder why I didn’t get there before -feel wasted time! I am taking great delight in throwing out the cheap and nasty supermarket stuff I bought to “fit into” something!

I have now lost a good 2.5 inches from my waist and stomach …and that changes everything!

I soo hope I can keep going with this! My husband has lost 11 lbs since I started and was ok to start but is probs now down to a bmi of 23 but as he hovers in and out of pre hyper tension levels this is a good thing and with the extra exercise must be having a good impact!

I am a bit spoilt as I am currently on a work break so plenty time to fill in MFP and count steps +20K every day but not entirely sure it would have been so successful if I had been working so well done those who are!

On my way to birthday success, I hope ….as long as I keep going ..

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks for your encouragement CCathy 🙂 we certainly deserve a medal for perseverance alone! I hope all goes well with your new exercise plan. Many years ago I did this, I used to go on my exercise bike every day for 40 mins, and do interval training (ride normally for a few mins then have a short burst at high speed). I had the same playlist I’d listen to each time. It worked really well for me and assisted in weight loss. I sold my bike though when I was diagnosed with RA as my knees were too bad to use it.
    Anyway, the Whoosh Fairy must have read about my frustration at gaining and losing the same kg and I’ve had another loss in the last few days. Not counting 🐔 chickens yet though!
    I’m on leave from work for the next 2 weeks so I think it will be easier to keep on plan and exercise. Today I didn’t have breakfast till 10.30am so I thought I might try 16:8 while I’m off. I should be able to stick to 2 meals most days. Usually it’s impossible as I have to have breakfast at 6am and then don’t have lunch till 1pm/1.30 and dinner at 6,30/7pm. I have to eat breakfast as I take medication in the mornjng. Anyway fingers crossed this latest loss will stay off and I’ll be able to record another loss next week!

on

Day 3 and doing well. Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I have gone under the 12 stone mark. BG is still peaking around 125 (6.9) so I am not happy with that and will stay at 24 units. I just hope one week with higher readings will not upset the whole 3 month calculation (actually my machine can work that for me) as I have my HbA1c around 7th September. Hopefully I can pull it back from now on.

Just check my history over the last 90 days and it says average 91 which is 5.05 PERFECT. Just hope my blood says the same.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good to hear you are still on track s-g. Now you are back in the 11’s you will have that added impetus to get back to your lowest BSD weight again.

I wish I could say I was on track but unfortunately I seem to have lost all focus yet again!!! Think maybe I just need a break from logging and counting. I don’t really want to stop posting, but in fact, I think that may be what I should do just at the moment. Think I just need a bit of a shake-up generally. Will be reading even if I’m not posting though!

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

You have to do what you have to do Verano. A change is as good as a rest as they say. Will miss you, though. Could just be the adrenalin high that you had a couple of days has plumetted. You’ll be back on track soon. Best Wishes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.