Read the book….ready to go :)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sardine
    on

So enforced rest due to flu bug last week got me thinking and researching. I have done the “low carb” thing before – just cut out/down the obvious and had good results along with upping the physical activity – slow and steady weight lost. No feeling guilty if I slipped up with a piece of toast and no ritual weekly public humiliation by a sanctimonious ex fatty telling me I had put on half a pound because I had eaten a chocolate biscuit and paying for the privileged of being told I needed to buy branded weight loss food as clearly cooking from scratch was doing me no favours………..yeah I am not a fan of The World of Weight Gazing ๐Ÿ˜‰ However a few months a g life got in the way and threw a few curve balls and I took my eye off the ball and the weight crept back on. I already knew a lot about 5:2 diet at my OH is a convert and I like listening to Dr M and what he has to say and fed up of being ill and not being able to get into the snow I bought The Book and accompanying recipe book……..and here I am ready to go!

I weighed 89.9kg this morning so I shall call that 90kg and would like to lose 15- 20 kg as a start. I lost 10kg before just doing my own thing so I think this is a doable goal. We already pretty much eat Med diet but possibly too much and certainly too much pasta ๐Ÿ™‚ I found increasing nut consumption no problem as I love them and I have never been a low fat anything – devils work . Need to increase fish to more than once a week and I will get back to exercise – swim and walk mainly. I love cooking and experimenting so having a new cook book is a complete joy.

I am not going to put myself under any pressure and I dont have any issues with blood sugar levels – all normal but I dont want to start having issues. I am not happy with my weight as it is beginning to stop me doing what I want to do. My biggest concern is that I am on the wrong side of 50…………..and I really dont want issues of lots of ‘saggy skin’ once this weight starts coming off!! Cross that bridge, at a stiff pace, when it comes I guess.

Right apps downloaded,measurements taken, meal plan done…………….let the games begin.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sardine – just wanted to offer a welcome. You seem to have worked yourself up a solid plan and are all ready to embark on this way of eating. Do join any thread you think might have relevance for you – a good one to go for is the “Starch in March” 4 week challenge one, as this includes newcomers and established BSDers too, so a good mix for sharing information and advice – it doesn’t matter that you’ll be a bit late joining, you’ll get a warm welcome.

I was 60 when I embarked on the BSD and at 22.2kgs down, I can say that whilst there are some wrinkles and crinkles on my body that didn’t used to be there, there are no huge excesses of saggy skin.

Best wishes to you in achieving your goals and hope to see you joining in discussions on other threads and reporting positive results too.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, Sardine. I’m sorry that you had such a miserable, judgemental experience with a previous
    slimming club. These forums are the antithesis of that experience! There are dedicated newbies and
    “old timer” maintainers here that are overjoyed to share the new found experience of optimal health with
    you ๐Ÿ™‚ We are a friendly, inclusive “lot”. but fair warning, we sometimes do offer “tough love” when it
    is needed…Join in anywhere that you are comfortable. The BSD changes lives, and I’m a walking, talking
    billboard and advocate for anyone that wants to make permanent changes in their future.

Happy to have you with us, very best of luck!

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.