Pregnancy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rosiemae
    on

Hi there,

I’m hoping to start this diet tomorrow I have about 50lbs to loose. I’m also hoping to try for a baby soon but want to be a healthy weight first. I was wondering if anyone knew if I should wait a certain amount of time before trying for a baby after the 8weeks is up. Obviously I wouldn’t do the diet whilst pregnant but I guess what I’m asking is will the diet make me deficient in minerals needed for a safe pregnancy.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Not being a medical people it is not really for us to advise but maybe speak to your doctor. There is nothing wrong with losing weight before getting pregnant but you can probably stop the diet as soon as you are or at the end of the 8 weeks if that ties in with your weight loss or when you decide to try. Just trying doesn’t mean you have to stop losing weight.

Good luck with both your ventures – weight loss and a baby.

Please log in or register to post a reply.