PCOS & Insulin Resistance

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunnydee
    on

8 Week BSD – 800 Calories, Day 1 on Friday 13th! July 2018 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Starting Weight: 222lbs
    Goal Weight: 133lbs
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Other: Living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and resulting lack of menstrual cycle (and therefore infertility) 2 failed IVF attempts, \\\’survivor\\\’ of stage 1b Melanoma, long term severe depression and anxiety with strong medications to balance that out which cause other problems – Inc mostly recently pre-diabetes.

End of week 1 to the exact day….

I have lost 14lbs (1 stone) of weight!! AND my period has returned for the first time in 5 years! I’m utterly gobsmacked and so so grateful, thank you so much to Dr Mosley.

I know this is early days, but to have any hope of fertility is just amazing. I can say that I’ve tried every supplement and a series of diet and exercise plans, but I also know that PCOS is a partner to Insulin Resistance, so it makes perfect sense that this works. I’ll keep this thread updated weekly, but if you are reading this and living with PCOS, give it a try and never give up hope for a better life!

In terms of tips this early in my journey (but also with a brother who has already lost 20% of his body weight through this plan, and regained normal blood sugar) I find Bone Broth to be an amazing filler and so great for settling your stomach, I also made flourless apple pancakes last night because of a sugar craving, they were about 100 calories and sooo so good.

My personal opinion on all of this is that for the right people in the right circumstances who want to do it, a supported version of this diet should be offered as a prescription by the NHS for T2 and PCOS, it could change so many lives! โคโคโค

Back next Friday for Week 2 update ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Sunnydee and welcome
    Your post has absolutely made my day – 1 stone and your period returning is fantastic xx
    I also completely agree with your opinion about approaches like this being offered on the NHS. I do believe the early signs are there and it will happen.

Do keep us updated
    Marie

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

What an amazing result Sunnydee, genuinely life changing and virtually overnight! Drop in whenever you feel like a chat; for many of us this has just been a starting point for learning so much about our bodies and how we process food and why some foods are pure poison.
    There are a lot of brilliant people out there who are promoting this way of eating and if it seems very odd to you that everyone doesn’t know about it then watch Big Food and Big Pharma Killing for Profit on YouTube and that will help explain the profit driven motivation.
    Good luck with this upcoming week and hope to see you back soon.
    Maggie

• posted by Ellem
    on

Sunnydee that is fantastic news! Wow, well done. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by sunnydee
    on

Everyone on this forum is amazing, thank you all for the encouragement, it makes a huge difference feeling like you’re not on your own, hearing all your successes, and even challenges, simple things like recipes and moments of humour, all make this such a great community to be part of ๐Ÿ˜€ Looking forward to next Friday check in! โคโคโค

• posted by marie123
    on

Sunnydee – meant to say pass on a big well done to your brother, also.
    Looking forward to next Friday’s check-in but, as Maggie says, between times feel free to join in any of the other threads, too.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

WOW! Congratulations!!!! AND . .. I couldnt agree with you more re Doctors/health system using this as a tool. Sure it might not be everyones answer BUT – given what we read here seems there is a majority benefiting GREATLY ๐Ÿ™‚ All the very best to you and your brother. Dr. M’s research and help is a Godsend to many of us. Im a 70+ nanna, not out of the “web” yet – but after 3 weeks Im down well over a stone – was 93kgs and a week ago 87kgs – and averages before meals . . .? mostly 7’s. Prior, many were 10’s 11’s and the odd 12. THAT alone is ammunition and leverage, given that my previously (seemingly healthy) diet had been ticked as flawless . . . (and quite obviously wasnt) – eyes, feet etc all doing well . . . to dig in and stave off intervention from meds for as long as possible.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Wonderful!! Congratulations!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.