PCOS & BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DaniJB
    on

Hello
    I just wanted some updates for those that suffer with PCOS. I have read the other forums/topics but they all seem dated from 2016 & I was wondering if anyone had some updates? I have been doing WOE for about 4 weeks now, I have had some slip ups but I have lost nearly 6 kilos (unheard of) but the best thing is that I have lost 16cms off my tummy, which is wonderful & next week I am hoping to be under 100cms – first time in nearly 15 years. I wanted to hear about other peoples journeys & tips & hints please. I am very active – 40kms on the road bike today & am very active in the gym. I have lots more energy, my skin has cleared, the only downer has been the bad breath, but I can live with that while I am starting to look & feel better. Hope to hear from others with PCOS & their journeys. Also I have recently found out I have a dairy, nut & egg allergy which reduces my range of eating options – any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Dan

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just thought I’d welcome you to the forum, DaniJB. Fabulous results so far and I’m sure that will continue as you progress into the next four weeks. I don’t personally have PCOS, but I did a quick search using the box at the top right of the page and there were a few posts from 2017, but none of the threads seem to have run very long.

Your combination of allergies certainly adds a considerable complication, but hopefully you are learning to adapt your BSD menus accordingly. I think you are proving that the BSD does work for those with PCOS, so even if others with this issue do not respond, I hope you will continue to post and keep us updated on your progress. The forum is a great resource and you will find a welcome on any thread you feel has relevance to you, so just dive in.

Best wishes for your continued success and hope your next four weeks bring the same wonderful results as the first four.

• posted by sunnysandy
    on

Hi Danijb,
    My daughter has pcos, ibs, a learning disability and insulin resistance plus leptin resistance. I started her off on the bsd diet on the 22nd of last month. So far she has lost 3 kilos. Her weight was 79 kilos. Weigh day was on Friday and her weight is now 75.5 kilos. I am also on the lookout for anyone else who has this condition and can share ideas on the diet and weight loss. My daughter has a huge belly which is a sign of insulin resistance. My goal is to get her weight down to 65 kilos at least so we have a very long way to go! I hope to hear from you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.