Overweight cyclist.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yvonne
    on

Aged 66 I am neither diabetic nor pre diabetic but have struggled with yo yo dieting most of my life. I’m now 3 stone overweight and want to lose as I’m only 4:11 in height.

Keen cyclists, my Type 1 diabetic husband and I hit our target of cycling 2015 miles last year and have set 3000 miles this year. Despite all the cycling I’m not losing weight so this way of eating looks like it may help. I don’t overindulge, very aware of portion size but do eat lot of carbs.

Any advice from fellow cyclists on how to continue with the 40 mile day rides with few carbs, would be welcome.

• posted by Arran Granny
    on

Cheese? We met a 70 year old man who was a very keen cyclist and his advice was just carry cheese and apples as they give you enough nutrition for cycling and take up little space. He would cycle all day and have a meal in the evening. Cheese gives the calorific value without the carbs.

• posted by Yvonne
    on

Thanks so much for this, shall try it when out this coming week. Will report back.

• posted by eliobaresi
    on

Great effort!
    Its such an inspiration for anyone to pursue their heart.

Please log in or register to post a reply.