OMG I have a muffin-top!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kiwichick
    on

Most of my life I have been slim and fairly sporty, but always with a real sweet tooth. In recent years I have gained some weight, and although it hasn’t bothered me to much, tonight it did. I ordered a pair of pants online from a brand that I know the sizing quite well on. They were tight around the waist and gave me a real large muffin-top! Not a desirable look. I know i have eaten recently to much chocolate and sugary treats but I also need to change my life and the way I eat. I have been diagnosed being pre-diabetic so really need to get this all under control before I end up with type 2, like some of my extended family. I also have an immune issue which maybe helped by this as well, as sugar normally makes it worse.

I am currently reading the Blood Sugar Diet on my kindle, while I wait for the books to arrive, but in the meantime I am going to try and cut back on the chocolate (funding raising for blue September), and try to reintroduce more veggies back into my meals. I know that there are day that this may be a struggle with work functions and my weekend workshop for professional development . I should actual be studying now! But it will be a start… I hope in the come weeks I will progress on to the full diet.
    Oh I am based in Auckland, NZ and am due to walk 10km at the end of the month.

I will need this forum to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Kiwichick – It certainly sounds like you have some good reasons for wanting to make some changes and lose some weight. Cutting down on the carb heavy foods initially is a good starting point. When adding in veggies, avoid root veg as these tend to be high in carbs. At functions, try to select the most BSD friendly options, even taking meat or cheese fillings from rolls or sandwiches and discarding the bread elements. And if it’s appropriate, take something with you for the weekend workshops perhaps.

Be sure to join other threads on the forum – there are weekly and monthly challenges populated by people at various stages in their BSD journey, This means there is a huge amount of wisdom and knowledge available on these threads and you will find plenty of advice, support and encouragement.

Best wishes as you make your transition into the BSD way of life and with the 10k – hope to see you out and about on other threads – you’ll receive a warm welcome on any thread and we’ll be waiting to read about your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.