No weight loss.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by chris53
    on

Hi all.After losing a pound each day for the first few days, there was no weight loss in the last 24 hours. I had porridge and semi skimmed milk for breakfast, skipped lunch, and for dinner a pork chop, all fat removed, with sprouts spinach and carrots. Will weight loss vary each day and am l doing more harm than good in skipping lunch. Thank you.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Weight loss will vary over the course of a day never mind day to day.
    Personally I don’t agree with weighing daily, I find once a week mucj better for me.
    Your body will be reacting to the lack of carbs so you will stutter and maybe hit the odd plateau, but stick to it. All these things seem to resolve themselves, one look at the forums will show you that lots of folks have a stutter or two and then go on to great success.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Chris53
    Welcome to the BSD and the forum. No need to panic, this is completely normal and is just as a result of your body adjusting to the new eating regime. Weight lose will vary day to day and as you progress into the coming weeks, there may be days in a row when nothing seems to be happening – this too is completely normal.

Just be sure that you are drinking enough, have a good amount of fat in your diet (could have has some of the fat on the pork chop) as this helps you feel full for longer and also helps kick the body into fat burning mode. Also check that your carb intake is not too high – no more the 50g a day is best.

But you have made good progress so far and you shouldn’t allow this small anomaly to throw you off course. Stick with it, we all lose weight at different rates and your body is doing what is right for it. Keep us posted on progress and shout out if you need support – someone will be sure to respond.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Chris, you won’t see a consistent daily loss but it will sort itself out over the course of the week and you can expect to weigh less each week.
    There is a plateau that many people hit around the week 2/3 mark as the body adjusts to a much different way of eating.
    Many people only eat two meals a day so skipping lunch shouldn’t be an issue. The only thing I would consider tweaking is you mention semi skim milk and cutting the fat off the pork. On the BSD you are encouraged to use full fat products and you can eat fatty meat and oily fish. Fat will help stop you feeling hungry and will help with changing your metabolism from carb burning for energy to fat burning.
    Keep an eye on your portion sizes, especially porridge, and make sure you keep your fluid intake up to 2-3l per day.
    You are off to a great start so don’t lose hope, you will start losing again soon 🙂

• posted by NewLife
    on

Chris, don’t worry, it’s going to be variable. I’ve lost 8lb, 2lb, 2lb in my first 3 weeks. We’re all different 🙂

• posted by chris53
    on

Thank you for all your comments. Is there a way of replying to individual posts? I am so looking forward to getting these first two weeks over.

• posted by Maddy733
    on

Posted by Maddy, Hi, I had a shock in the middle of last week , my weight loss till then was one stone at the end of week two. I weighed myself mid week, shock, put on 3 lbs. I thought back and no I hadn’t even cheated, I was very upset, so it was very reluctantly I weighed myself at the end of the third week to find I had lost two pounds. So don’t be downhearted it works out over time.

• posted by Mared
    on

I’ve been disappointed too. I think I’ve been really good, no potatoes, rice, pasta, bread or alcohol – just bacon, eggs, salads, stir fries, chicken, salmon and hummous. I’ve not lost anything, although it has been the first week only. Could it just be that I need to up the water intake even more and eat more yoghurt and cheese? Apart from this, found the diet easy so far and enjoyed to food.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Mared
    Try increasing your fat intake to help your body into fat burning mode, that should help.
    If I understand it correctly, your body will shed a lot of fluid in the first few days showing fast weight loss but then it will start to retain water to help flush the extra glucoze from your system, hence the plateaux.
    You should see results by next week

• posted by Mared
    on

Hi Bill,

Thanks, I’ll give that a go – fingers crossed.

• posted by chris53
    on

Thanks for all your advice everybody.

Please log in or register to post a reply.