Newcomer to BSD – any tips

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by joy4life
    on

Have read the BSD book, cover to cover, preparation being everything. Feel the food and drink ranges are manageable. Have reviewed my exercise routine and plan to buy a branded wrist-strap monitor for steps calculation. My approach to food prep is simple, quick and easy – other half happy to go with the flow. Food shop this Thursday, then start day Friday – to get the first 48hrs over before I resume work! Any tips, hints on what to expect or how to combat any major challenges appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi joy4life,
    Welcome to the forum and a better way of eating.
    You’ve already mastered the first step which is preparation. If you plan your day’s eating then you won’t be caught out and grabbing the wrong food just because you’re hungry. If the recipe serves two, freeze the other portion, or double the ingredients so that you’ll always have a meal or two in the freezer for days when you’re busy.
    Read through the posts as you’ll get a good idea of any challenges or successes to expect.
    Some people, not all, experience a withdrawal period and symptoms may include hunger, tiredness, headaches or feeling emotional. Rarely lasts more than a few days though.
    You can help yourself by making sure you drink 2-3l of water/ non sugary drinks and keeping your fat intake up. Take something for headaches, and rest and treat yourself kindly if you aren’t feeling your usual self. It isn’t really as grim as the above sounds lol ๐Ÿ™‚
    You will get plenty of support and advice if you need it so keep on posting. After just a few weeks there’s already a wealth of knowledge among members. Good luck with it.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

Hello and welcome. Yes, planning is a huge part. Other than that, yes, you need to be kind to yourself, but other than that, trust the process, take heart from all the support and enjoy the results!

• posted by Kimgall
    on

Hi Joy4life! Welcome … Pat.Unlimited and Cherrianne have said it all, really … I have just finished only week one, with 6lbs lost/1.5 inches around my waist, and much lower Blood Glucose results. I haven’t been hungry. I have been tired and knackered. And ached for a couple of days … but I can only remember that because I posted about it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Its surprising how the bad things can quickly leave your head when good results come about!!
    The main hint and tip I can share, is stay in touch with this forum! Its fantastic … newfound online friends that are all wishing you well. Everyone wants you to succeed. Go for it … you won’t regret it!! x

• posted by joy4life
    on

Many thanks to the three people who have replied to my message – all useful tips and hints. It is quite daunting, but I am a good planner and completer-finisher by nature, so this sounds just the ticket for me to eliminate my sugar addiction, gonna take some determination! Thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.