newby, thermomix, local support

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by RobbieRee
    on

Hello Everyone,
    I’ve been reading up on the 5:2 and the 8 week BSD over the past few weeks. For the first time, my husband is on board with a healthier eating lifestyle change. This fills me with more confidence than ever before. We haven’t actually “started” yet but are feeling the benefits of the small changes we are making.

I have to be mindful of my SN teenagers and not overwhelm them with too much change at once. By doing so I’m not overwhelming me too. Already, in three weeks of “pre-start”, I’ve lost a smidge under 3kgs. So you can imagine how great that is as an incentive to get this up and running properly. My husband is enjoying the recipes, one son is enjoying the meals, the other son still requires some meal tweaking but he is willing to give these meals a try. I just don’t want to be cooking several meals a night. We’ll get there.

I was hoping to find others using a thermomix for BSD recipes or be able to point me in the right direction. I’m a new TM user and that’s another element of “What am I doing?”. Any and all advice is welcome.

This is very exciting knowing before I even start that it is going to work as long as I put the work in and remain consistent. I wish you all great success on your BSD pathway.

One last thing, is anyone in Melb or around the Mornington Peninsula area that would be interested in being an accountability buddy?

Cheers

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi RobbyRee and welcome. Congratulations on starting this way of eating – and bringing the family along too! Like you, I made a gentle start to this way of eating, by simply dropping all the white stuff – potatoes, pasta, bread, rice – and it made a good introduction. Once the weight reduction started to slow, I then got stricter with limiting calories to 800, and carbs to 50g. It is relatively easy just to vary dishes a bit, so that all the family can carry on eating together – substitute cauliflower rice for white rice, mashed celeriac for potatoes etc. http://www.dietdoctor.com will give you lots of ideas.

You may be lucky and find a buddy from the Melbourne area. You would also be very welcome to join us on the weekly thread, which is open to new and experienced BSD-ers and is a lively forum for debate. Just check out the recent forums “One week at a time…”

I wouldn’t recognise a Thermomix if it bit me on the nose, but a quick google suggests there is help and ideas out there – for example https://thermofoodieandthechef.com. I can’t vouch for it though! Anyway welcome to the site, and very best wishes for your journey.

• posted by RobbieRee
    on

Thank you so much for your response.
    I looked up those other websites and I am very impressed. I’m not feeling as overwhelmed by the diet now as I would have been even a year ago. There just seems to be so many benefits to eat this way. Everyone is loving the dinners I’ve been producing from the BSD companion recipe book and those websites look like they will only expand on my current repertoire. Might even start to enjoy cooking.

• posted by Dejuco
    on

Hi Robbie-Ree,
    I hope you’re going well on the BSD. I’ve just joined and am in information gathering mode at the moment.
    I was browsing the forums and noticed your post which interested me greatly, because I too own a Thermomix which I LOVE. I decided to do some “googling” and found this website which looks really interesting. From what I can tell, all the recipes are made specifically for the Thermomix.
    http://skinnymixers.com.au/about/
    BTW: I live in Adelaide, but hope you’ve found someone from Melbourne you’ve been able to meet up with.
    Cheers.

Please log in or register to post a reply.