Newbies – so far so good!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rainbird
    on

Hi, both of us, my husband and I, decided that we needed to take control of our health and weight. Neither of us has a diabetic diagnosis but because of our questionable eating habits over many years felt that we could be prime candidates. Had seen Michael’s TV programme and thought that BSD was the way forward for us.
    Have been following the BSD for four weeks, my husband has lost 1st 8lbs (age 57) and I’ve lost 1st 3lbs (age 70). We’re both thrilled and the challenge of creating tasty meals has been great. We don’t think of this as ‘being on a diet’ but rather ‘this is how we eat from now on’. Looking forward to a slimmer healthier future, best wishes to all of you.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Rainbird, welcome to the site and congratulations to you both. Those are great losses.

• posted by Rainbird
    on

Hi sunshine-girl, thank you for your comments.

• posted by sugar_lovell
    on

Hello
    I haven’t started the diet yet, I am looking to start it in a week when I return from holiday.
    Did everyone just follow the book or did people sign up the the website 12 week plan??

What’s your best breakfast ideas – currently I have cereal which is definitely not going to work when I’m on the diet but I’m worried I won’t have time to make & eat something like an omelette before I go to work every day, I need ideas from anyone please, thanks in advance

• posted by Squidge
    on

The ‘this is how we eat from now on’ is definitely the right approach!

• posted by Rainbird
    on

Hi sugar_lovell,
    We bought the BSD book and the 150 recipes book and are using them to guide us. Didn’t want to be tied in to a set plan as that wouldn’t suit our lifestyle. I eat twice a day, lunch and dinner time as I prefer not to eat at breakfast time. You could have a breakfast of porridge oats using the overnight soaking method. There’s a recipe for this called ‘bircher’ in the 150 recipes. Perhaps full fat Greek yogurt with toasted seeds and nuts and some berries would be good and quick? Very best wishes, hope to hear how you get on.

• posted by Pancita
    on

Sugar Lovell,
    If you like omelette for breakfast, you can make it the night before and have it cold, or warm it in the morning while you’re in the shower. We regularly do this. Some of the omelette ends up in packed lunches too. Tom Kerridge has great omelette recipes in his dopamine diet book.
    Good luck!

• posted by sugar_lovell
    on

Thank you Pancita, that’s a good idea. Do you use minced beef at all? Lots of the recipes use it but I don’t know what %fat I should use- do you know? Thanks for your help

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Sugar_lovell – I don’t think the fat content is specified anywhere. I think it’s a matter of personal preference; I prefer low fat because I find the meat has better flavour.
    Maggie

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi Sugar and Maggie
    I use steak mince because I prefer the taste, I’m not sure what the fat content is. We don’t eat much meat, so we like to have our favourites on the occasions we do!
    I’d recommend Donald Russell (on-line butcher) for excellent steak mince (and lots more) if you’re in the UK.
    P xx

• posted by Arianwen
    on

If you’re in the UK, Aldi do really nice 5% fat mince in various sized packs from small to a full 1kg
    I don’t eat breakfast, never have, but like Greek yoghurt topped with berries for a snack, think that would make a good breakfast too. Tesco sell packs of 4 individual own brand Greek yoghurts for £1. You can choose full fat or low fat versions, easier than guessing portions from a big tub.

Please log in or register to post a reply.