Newbie to this forum but not to low carb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Odar
    on

Hello I have just started the 800 calorie blood sugar diet on Monday and am hoping to drop at least 15 – 16 kgs.

I am dx type 2 diabetic about 9 years ago and my fasting levels are quite high in the am at 7.9 but I think this may be due to DP.
    I am trying to bring down my fasting levels and am hoping this is the WOE will help me. I have tried HFLC without much success in the weight ratio. Did Extreme high energy sessions at the gym – 5 days a week and only got fatter in the tummy. Am so hoping this diet and the people here will help me lose the weight and bring down my blood sugars.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hello ODAR

It’s possible. I did it! A lot have. I am 65 now. Coming up 2 years since I started, I lost 18kg in 6 months and it is STILL OFF. I too was hypothyroid, not Type 2 but borderline. I found the regime “easy”; easy to say for some, I have not varied far off it all this time out, consider it a loooooong 8 weeks for me. My plan B was to go 5:2 but I have not felt the urge. I average around 1000 cals a day and 30-50 carbs, my plan. Life has changed completely. GOOD LUCK. Stay focused. IT IS POSSIBLE.
    Nettle

• posted by Odar
    on

Thanks Nettle – so good to know. I am excited as I have tried everything. I really need weight around my tummy to “disappear” as well as my bloods to go down. I look forward to posting here and also reading of others post etc. Thanks again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.