Newbie in Australia! Anyone want to share the journey?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SalHornB
    on

Hi!

I am almost one week in to the BSD (2 days to go), I must admit I have not been super strict about counting cals but have been eating from the recipe book and I chucked two fast days in as well, so far have lost 2 kilos: happy with that!

I am 38 years old, living in Melbourne, Australia and have recently completed my masters in Education (Primary). I also run a school holiday/after care music program for kids/teens and look after my own two kids (11 & 9), husband (Irishman) and two dogs (kelpie and a german shepherd). I also play guitar and sing in a few garage/punk all female bands which is a riot.

I realised I needed to take action when my clothes started feeling tight (some no longer fitting :0) and stepping on the scales I had gone up to 83 kgs which was my weight when I was 9 months preg with my second child (yes I was horrified as I thought I was still mid 70s – a bit heavy but nothing to stress over…WRONG!). I was overweight (84kgs was my highest) in my early 20s but after a Chinese Dr advised me to stop eating carbs to lose weight I went down quickly and easily to 66 kgs which I felt was perfect for me. I am keen to get down to the high 60s again which would put me in the healthy zone, so I have around 13kgs to go. Whew!

Anyway, I have been reading the forums and they seem really supportive and motivating, so I would love to connect with anyone for tips and to share stories, as I am looking for work atm I have a bit of time and think it’d be great to share the journey.
    Cheers~Sal

• posted by Melodeon Millie
    on

Hello Sal,

Welcome to the forum. Really nice to meet you

I’m a newbie too…… day 7 today.

How are you managing with a family to feed? How are you getting on? Feeling ok?

I sort of have the opposite problem in that I live on my own and with an underlying medical condition (not diabetes) which can be quite debilitating at times, very often just can’t be BOTHERED to cook just for me and it’s all too easy to have a couple of slices of toast and marmite (even been known to have vegemite, yes it’s around in the UK!) and then have another one because it’s delicious and then I don’t have to cook at all.

But in fact, so far, it’s easier than I thought, but I do have a friend who is doing BSD too, she actively hates cooking, so I’m cooking for her in the evenings too, which has helped an awful lot…. so far!

The down side is, I’m singing in a concert on Saturday afternoon and before this diet was even a twinkle in Lee’s eye (she found the book browsing in a local supermarket a couple of weeks ago), I promised to take cakes, so will be baking for 40 this afternoon 🤣😫😫.

Keep up the good work and enjoy being fit and well…. and thin

Mel

• posted by KylieM
    on

Hi Sal!
    I just read your post. We have a lot in common. I’m also in Australia, am 39, teacher with 2 kids and a partner.
    How are you going on the BSD? I have had some good results after completing the 8wks. I’m looking to get back on track and have another 10-12 kgs to go.
    I guess I’m looking for other people in a similar position to share tips and motivation. Would be great to hear about your journey so far 😀

Please log in or register to post a reply.