We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Den21
    on

Morning All. I haven’t started the process yet and am new to all this. I have been doing Slimming World for the last couple of years and although I have been doing well, following a recent health check with my GP, I have been told my blood sugars are in the pre-diabetic range :0. Quite shocking to hear as I have no diabetes in my family at all but after discussing it with the Nurse, it appears that everything I am currently doing with SW isn’t the greatest for me and all the fruit, veg, carbs etc I have been taught over the past 24 months is actually doing me harm. I have ordered the book today so I can try and get my head around how it works as it’ll be a massive change to what I’ve been used to. I have also ordered the recipe book so am hoping to get some good ideas.

Have ready through many of your posts this morning so thought I’d jump on-board.

Scary stuff!!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there Den, yes the ‘you can still have jacket potatoes’ mantra of SW and WW is not for everyone although I have a friend who does great on SW and another who has lots the same 5lbs over and over in 4 years. I have noticed that a lot of SW recipes (I get the magazine) are replacing some carbs and doing cauli rice or courgetti spaghetti and so on. Once you get the book and know what this is all about I am sure you will have lots of questions. Just pipe up, we are a friendly lot.

Please log in or register to post a reply.