Newbean here! Hello!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Just thought I’d say hello! Trying to familiarise myself with this forum. I have bean used to fasting over the past three years but thought I’d give BSD a go after being inspired by a lady on our Fast Day forum who lost 2 stone in just the 8 weeks!! I don’t have so much to lose but have already lost 6.5 pounds in just the 3 weeks of 800 cals a day.

I’m not as strict as you guys on here. I just keep to 800 cals but don’t worry so much about the carb count. Having said that, I have given up bread, pasta, rice and caffeine – so I don’t want to go mad all at once! I have ME/CFS so doing the BSD is also my way of finding a method of recovery!

I must say I have found BSD pretty easy to follow so far – but maybe I should lower the carbs!! πŸ˜‰

Bean πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Nursebean and welcome!
    I think youre doing great giving up bread etc…that must make yr carb total quite low anyway.
    I’m astonished tho to find out just how much carb is in innocent things like apples! and …sorry to say this..baked beansπŸ˜€!
    I too have ME/ CFS and i agree,doing this is one of several ways of trying to return to full health.
    Losing weight is harder when you cant be as active as you were when in good health..anyway good luck with yr journey and remember,sometimes the most difficult roads lead to the most beautiful destinations x🌸🌻🌷

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Welcome Bean (you’ve already said hello on my thread :-D)

I’m not confusing myself with carbs at the moment either, but I have a loooooong way to go yet. Just stick to the list of what’s legal and try and stick to 800 calories until it stops working and then I might have to take a look at the carbs.

Yowzer, I’ve made my own baked beans a fair few times now, hubby prefers them. Or so he says, anyway!

Best of luck Bean πŸ™‚

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Oh Lucky I’m glad I’m not alone with my carb indulgence! That’s a good idea, waiting until the weight stops dropping off and THEN looking at carbs a bit more closely!

According to MyFitnessPal I’ll be 9 stone 9 in 5 weeks! I’m currently 10.6 – that’s amazing isn’t it?!

Bean πŸ™Š

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hows it going BEAN? x

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Hi Yowzer!

I’m not doing TOO badly thank you. I lost another pound this week (but that was after having two ‘naughty Bean’ days!) so I’m feeling pretty pleased.
    Yesterday was funny because I went slightly over my calories (824) which I’m normally really good at not going over BUT only had 41 carbs (I’m normally way over that amount). So maybe something major is happening to me now which means I will never go back to my bad eating habits! I sure hope so!

How are you doing Yowzer? Is it weigh-in day today? I can’t wait to hear whether you’ve managed to lose 2 stone in 2 weeks or not! Amazing stuff – Good Luck!!

Bean xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Wellllll done Mz Beano! X well,we wd be crazy to go back to bad habits now wdnt we,when we’re feeling better for ditching them. But if we do,we just have to dust ourselves off,put it down to experience and next day is a new start.
    Remember those bad old days when we used to commiserate with each other coz we had gone a bit or a lot wild with the old carbs?
    I got weighed at DD house this morning ..have lost 16 1/2 pounds in 18 days. The first 16 went within the first week and a half,so this last half feels a bit measly..but not to worry. Proper weigh in at end of wk3 might show better results! I watched my SIL and his aunt wolf their way thru croissants,fruit,granola and yog,without even feeling a crumb of envy..as did DD coz she does 20:4/ 21:3
    Have a good week and dont be a naughty bean! X

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Nursebean I saw that you posted yesterday and had lost 8 pounds in two weeks. You are off to a great start. Are you back starting again?
    I have finally started again on the first of June. Do you know how Yowzer is doing?

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Well hello there! I didn’t think anyone would remember me on here – so thank you!!

Yes I’m starting BSD again. I am good friends with Yowzer and its her really that inspired me to return to BSD. She did incredibly well and, well, it must be nearly 2 years that’s she’s bean on this now. She still sticks with low carb and is SO good at sticking with it! She’s amazing!

As for me, I reached my lowest weight in many, many years and then did the crazy thing of putting it all back on – and some(!) So I was incredibly pleased to see 8 pounds disappear in just 2 weeks – that’s unheard of me!! So low carb and low cals it is from now on.

How are you doing? happyitsworking? Are you happy so far? This must be your first week, though, isn’t it?

Bean xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi BEAN! * waves* Calling in to say I’ m proud of you getting stuck in to Low carbing! You were queen of ADF on the 5:2 forum so I know you will smash this too!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    HAPPYITSWORKING..how lovely to see you and thanks for remembering me! Hope all good with you…Im sorry i havent called in sooner..X how is yr Carb Monster HIWORKING? Mine is still not entirely tamed..still hangs round in street corners trying to trip me up.
    These days i am battling lymphoedema AND lipodema ( oh yes,why have just one thing wrong with yr legs when you can have two??) lymphatic system not working well so my knees and ankles are swollen..and have got a nasty feeling its going into my arms now as well….
    Im following a detox thing to try to help at least stop it in its tracks if not reverse it…its not easy,but i guess our low carbing and fasting stands us in good stead..so i can just about manage to stop myself drawing a chair up to the fridge and eating the entire contents,..!
    seeing so many old names is making me nostalgic..is my old pal GREENJANET still around?? And FROG and MIXMATCH and CAPTAINLYNNE and LUCKYMANTEL and so many others?? I ve got a cheek coming on here after so long and demanding to know where everyone is!
    Love to all and keep on keeping on folks..onwards and downwards!….if you fall by the wayside,brush yrself down and climb back on yr horse,clippety clop!XXX

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Yowzer, I’ve got a cheek jumping on too but wanted to say hello to you! You probably don’t remember me but I am so glad you are Keeping On With This lifetime change! I used to love your cheerful posts. I don’t post these days as the forums have changed a lot and also there are plenty of knowledgeable and friendly people on here who have successfully picked up the baton and run with it and giving amazing advice!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi BARISTAGIRLS! I DO remember you and thank you for remembering me! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
    Is it very quiet on here these days? Its a shame,used to be so busy here,but it seems like all forums change over time. lovely to pop back and say hello tho,and i’ve just re read some old posts,and as you say,its good theres still people here giving and sharing good advice!
    Take care BG! X

• posted by KazzUK
    on

It’s good to see so many familiar names from last year when I was a shy (and desperately unhappy) lurker having just discovered this website and avidly reading through the threads, prior to me taking the plunge and getting on board mid August last year.
    I just wanted to say hello to you all. I hope you’ll stay for awhile? I’ve noticed that people come and go and it seems to be the cycle of things, particularly once this way of eating becomes established… life moves on in other ways as a result of adopting this WOE but it’s always lovely to see “old timers” re-visit so I am really delighted to read your happy exchanges at reconnecting with each other again! Long may it continue! πŸ™‚ And, lovely to meet you all – you’re all like celebrities to me! Can I have your autographs? haha!
    Kazzee

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ah hi KAZZEE,thanks for calling by..im glad youre no longer that shy lurker! How is low carb going for you? Hope its working. I think its the only thing that has worked longterm for me,coz its the only WOE that means i dont go hungry.
    The Carb Monster refuses to die completely and leave me in peace though! …just like someone with a drink problem,it has to be one day at a time,i cant get complacent and i am always just one slice of bread away from
    Disaster! Well,not quite,but you know what i mean.
    At the moment i’ m trying to follow a more alkaline but still low carb diet as its supposed to help reduce lymphoedema ( a condition that means my legs are still like tree trunks,despite losing so much weight elsewhere)
    Autographs!? I used to do them but now Im like Ringo and say,”No more autographs please..love and peace!”
    ( hehe only joking of course..i love the Beatles but Ringo? Give your head a wobble! ) XX

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Yowser 49! It’s really so nice to hear from you today πŸ™‚ I’m sorry that the lymphodema is still plaguing you…Of
    course I remember you from earlier days. I’ve done well, and am now a year into maintenance. There are a lot of
    us still around, so please pop in from time to time. We’ve got a “Positive Thoughts for today” thread, and you may
    recognize the names of old friends there. Visit us, and very best to you,

Allie

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

howdy ALLIECAT! I remember you! So nice to hear you’re now a longterm maintaineer! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    I like the sound of the poz thought for today thread!
    Allie, Do you or anyone have news of CAPTAINLYNNE! ?she was role model to me and lots others here!
    Cap’ n, i hope youre well!XX

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yowser, I haven’t seen any new posts from captainlynn since I became active on the forum in August of 2017, though
    I took the time to read thru her posting history because I recognized what a beacon of light she was to the community.
    However, Theodora, SunnyB, californiagirl, Verano, sunshine-girl and Krysia are still actively posting, to name just
    a few, and I’m certain that they would love to hear from you, too!

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Oh how lovely reading your reunions! Its great when we keep in touch isn’t it.

Funnily enough, there was a programme on the beeb last night about carbs. It was good to know that eating the right type of carbs is the way forward. Blimey, there were some people who even had their type II diabetes reversed as a result. A GP has come up with a smart carb programme that will be used nationwide eventually. So keep keeping low-carb and everything will be alright in the end – and if its not, then its not the end! πŸ˜‰

Bean xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.