New Year, New Me!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Billy
    on

After thinking about it for a while, reading the books and using up all the naughty food from Christmas I finally started the BSD on Sunday 6th January. I have high blood pressure and family members with type 2 diabetes. I am about 4 stone overweight and very unfit. I feel fat and frumpy so have decided this year is the year I really will lose weight and change my eating habits, I enjoy wine and spirits and adore sweets so know this is going to be a hard task until I lose those cravings. I have started positively, been very strict sticking to 800 calories and have already lost 5 pounds in three days so feeling very pleased with myself. The first day I felt hungry and had crVings for my daily glass of wine and sweets in the evening. Then yesterday I felt sluggish and had aches but today I feel great, alert and alive. Today I planned my meals and went shopping, the first time I haven’t returned with sweets, wine and cakes. I hope my positivity continues, I hope everyone else who has just started is feeling as positive as I am
    😊

• posted by CarolineHP
    on

Welcome, Billy.

I’m also new here. I’m on day 6 of the Fast 800 diet. I’m also sticking to 21g max of carbs. Feel great and I’m definitely getting better at coming up with some delicious things to eat. At first I thought I was going to be starving but I’m absolutely not.

I’m missing my morning cup of tea but I refuse to waste the carb grammes in milk in tea!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you have both made a great start. I recommend getting out and about on the forum and joining threads that feel relevant to you – you’ll get a warm welcome. The weekly threads are a great opportunity to mix with newbies and oldies alike and they offer plenty of encouragement and support.

Hope you both achieve your goals and look forward to reading of your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.