New start today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hera1955
    on

I am starting the 8 week BS Diet today, have always struggled with my weight and been on numerous other weight loss programmes, I am not a diabetic or diagnosed as pre-diabetic, but have well controlled hypertension, which I intend to monitor closely over the next few weeks, however I do need a change in lifestyle and to lose weight and get fitter would be an added bonus. I am a 63 semi-retired University lecturer, but recently I have noticed more aching joints and less energy, hoping that I can remain motivated and with the help of this forum keep on track. First breakfast today No Carb Bircher, already enjoying fruit tea with a touch of maple syrup.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi Hera, welcome.

This diet really works. I’ve always been overweight and had got very unfit and lethargic. I started the diet 1st January, got just inside the healthy weight range by Easter and am now losing weight more slowly. I now feel much fitter, healthier and happier – better than I did 25 years ago.

It can take a while for your body to adjust, so if you struggle in the first two weeks, keep in mind that it does get easier.

Go very easy on the maple syrup – it’s no beter for you than white sugar out of a bag. I know it’s hard, but avoiding sugar in all its forms is important on this diet.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Hera – this is certainly a great way of life and I too feel fitter, younger and better for it. If you have a look around the forum, you will see there are many of us who have been with the BSD for sometime and still using the forum for ideas, support and knowledge. Feel free to join any thread you feel is relevant to you and I’m confident you will receive a warm welcome.

The BSD can feel daunting at the start, but you’ll be surprised how quickly it all becomes second nature. My tips are: weigh, measure and record everything you consume, be sure to stay well hydrated – if in doubt have another glass of water – and be sure to include good fats in your menus, as this helps to kick start the fat burning process. Oh, and watch those carbs.

Best wishes to you for every success and we’ll be looking forward to reading of your progress.

• posted by LeanerNina
    on

Hi all,

Hope your first days have gone well. I’m starting tomorrow so just trying to get my head around things and plan a menu for the first week. I plan to have a smoothie around lunchtime (bought an e-book on Amazon with recipes for low carb smoothies) and a main meal in the evening, probably with a snack (a hard boiled egg sounds good) when I get home from work. Wednesday’s I work 12-8 do will have to work out what I can make in advance and bring for dinner to work.

Excited to be starting but nervous too!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.