We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mattg1974
    on

Hi just to introduce myself in a 45 year old bloke from Bristol. I’ve decided to look at the fast 800 as I found other diets too tempting to binge when not fasting etc.
    When I started 8 days ago I weighed in at 17st 10lb I’ve stuck to 800 calories a day (has been very challenging) and so far lost 1st and 4lb in 10 days.
    I’m feel fine but am slightly concerned how quickly the weight is shifting. If sticking to 800 calories and the recepies in the book in assuming this is ok?

My wife who is much smaller than me is also on the same diet and losing much slower.

I’ve set a target of 12.5 stone and at the moment 12 weeks of stage one 800 calories.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Mattg, you have obviously been sticking to the plan to the letter. Also, not being rude but you have plenty to lose and the bigger you are the bigger the weight loss you can achieve in the early days. If you look at your weekly loss you might have lost 10lb in week one and now coming up to around the same in week 2, that is not too much at this stage. I am 4ft 11inch female at 13.2 and I lost 7lbs in week one. I am sure you are aware that this is going to slow down and you need to keep up your motivation. We have had some very big losers on this site – I believe one member lost 100lbs in 10 months. I am sure they will be along to cheer you on and give you encouragement.

A word for your wife – dont be upset that you are not losing at the same rate – we are all built different and your body will do what it has to do for your size. Good luck to you both.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Mattg
    Yes, it is OK, and that’s a brilliant result. One of the things I really like about MM’s diets (I did the 8 week blood sugar diet) is how you can lose a lot of weight initially. MM says it’s motivating and it definitely was for me. As sunshine-girl says the rate of loss will slow down so keep that 1st 4lb in your back pocket and take it out and polish it when things are proving tricky.

It’s great that you’re doing the diet together.
    Jennie xx

• posted by Mattg1974
    on

Many thanks both. Tbh I’m hoping it slows a little so but feel fine.
    I brought a blood pressure monitor and am tracking my progress so far it’s lower and going from normal\high to normal now.
    I’m missing food but managing.
    I made a burger hack which was nice.
    I used Quorn chicken burgers and cloud bread which was suporisingly nice,
    Still averaging 1-2 pounds a day on 800

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just a small piece of advice Mattg, it is around week 3 or 4 that you might hit a plateau, i.e. a period of no loss. Now maybe this is because people slacken off a bit or think they can measure food with their eyes but it can also be natures way of your body wondering what the hell is going on and trying to reset itself. Whatever the reason, hang in there, it will pass.

Please log in or register to post a reply.