New me…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LucyAB
    on

Hi Everyone!

i started this plan a while ago and, as usual, gave up too easily!
    I am having a hard time at the moment with a mixture of things (and off work currently) and am trying hard to re-evaluate my life and how I think.
    I have to lose weight before it starts affecting my health and I want to start feeling better about myself and feel in control for once.
    I am 5’2 and currently weigh 13st3 – my heaviest for a while. I have been ‘comfort’ eating which has not helped!
    I really need help with simple and easy hints and tips and recipes which I can make which fit in a little with husband and daughter.
    I think i need to stay under 20g carbs as I don’t generally lose weight quickly.

Please help!
    I would like to aim to be a healthy weight before next summer and at least before I’m 50 next October

Lucy

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Lucy – I get the impression you are perhaps not wanting to take on the full on Fat 800 at the moment and have a lot of other things going on right now. However, it is possible to start more gently, by cutting out all refined carbs, along with potatoes, cereals, rice and pasta, bread, cakes, biscuits etc. Drink lots of water and when you think you’ve drunk enough, have another glass. Make sure you include good fats and use full fat dairy – use nuts and seeds too.

Keeping meals simple is easy enough – for instance full fat natural yogurt with a few berries and nuts for breakfast, a protein source and salad or homemade soup for lunch, then a simple meal of protein and veggies for dinner. This means you don’t have to cook multiple meals to cater for you and your family, just add a pan of pasta/potatoes to the stove for them and have extra veggies for yourself.

There are lots of recipes on this website and a search for low carb meals online will give a wealth of possibilities. If you want to search for a particular topic on the forum, use the search box at the top of the page, but if you can’t find an answer shout, as someone will offer advice and support for sure.

Best wishes to you for successfully making this change this time around.

• posted by LucyAB
    on

Hi SunnyB,

Thank you for your post – I think you’re right and I will go with that advice of starting a little slower..
    Once I have settled in, I will start looking properly at the rest of the site for recipes etc.
    Thank you for the advice!

Lucy

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Best wishes to you, LucyAB, hope things go well and you’ll soon be seeing some positive results. Keep us posted!

Please log in or register to post a reply.