New Faster!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by deltaquadrant
    on

Hi everyone!
    I started Fast 800 this week and have just completed day 4 of 800 calories. I’ve found it much more easy to do than the gruelling 500cals on the original 5:2.
    Day 3 was a struggle, however. I’m hoping that was my body just kicking into ketosis, felt much better today. Not sure if I have “Keto flu” or a cold though.
    Joined the group here for ongoing support. I’ve had an event booked in for Saturday night for months which will have to be “off” but I’m hoping to get straight back into the swing of things from Sunday afternoon when I get home and then continue the Very Fast 800 next week. I read about the Fast 800 on Sunday and decided there and then I needed to do it – there was no waiting until after this event! lol Hoping that it won’t cause too much damage to the work I’ve done so far.

Hope you’ve all had a great day.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome deltaquadrant – starting straightaway and not procrastinating because of Saturday’s upcoming event, was absolutely the right decision, as waiting for the ‘right’ time means you might never start. If you try to keep your choices in line with the BSD principles and get right back to the full on 800 on Sunday, you will find the impact of one day ‘off-piste’ is minimal. Your symptoms on Day 3 were probably related to carb ‘flu. It’s probably too early for you to be in full on keto though.
    Please make the most of the support available on the forum, by joining any thread you feel has relevance to you. The weekly thread is an especially good one to join, as it has posters old and new, so there is a lot of experience and knowledge to share, as well as walking the path with people who are more or less at the same point as you.
    Do let us all know how you are doing – we love to celebrate wins and will help to spur you on when the going is tough.
    Remember to look for the non-scales successes as well as the scales victories, as being able to zip up a garment that you couldn’t before, is just as much a success as a drop on the scales reading.
    Will look forward to seeing you out and about on the forum … best wishes for great success

Please log in or register to post a reply.