My week 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mincemeat
    on

Loving the food, not feeling hungry at all. 12lb lost – I’m amazed. Losing my bloated tummy. This will be my way of life for the future.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Mincemeat
    12lb – that’s a brilliant start – and great about the tummy.
    I notice in your profile you’ve said you love cooking. A good site for recipes is dietdoctor.com. There are also a few old-ish threads on here with recipes (as well as the recipe section on the side panel). There is one thread called ‘Good eats the low carb way’, one something like ‘101 ways with cauli’ and one on soups.
    Join in any of the threads you want. It’s lovely to hear your enthusiasm. Keep posting

Jennie xx
    Btw, I was tempted to start by saying ‘Well, you made mincemeat of that then!’ – so glad I resisted!

• posted by Mincemeat
    on

Ha ha
    Well end of week 2 feeling thinner, looking thinner around the neck and boobies 😊 but no more weight lost. That’s ok as long as it doesn’t stick there. Anyone else had this problem?

• posted by Sherwood70
    on

I’m in the same boat Mincemeat.First week great weight loss then eased off this week. I feel amazing though. So much more energy than I had before. My brother has done the 8 week BSD and he lost 4 inches off his waist and didn’t worry about the weight loss. I’ll take that result any day!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi you two, if you type plateau in the Search box you will find this is a very common experience. Different reasons, your body hanging on to what it has got for fear of no food – this is not starvation mode, just a temporary re-adjustment. This is not the time to give up or eat more to kick start your loss – it doesn’t work. What does work is to keep strictly on the plan and it will start to move again in a few days or a week. I have just been through a lost 3lbs in one week, gained one the next, lost one then gained 2. I was nearly back to my start weight and suddenly I have lost 3lbs in 3 days. It does work so dont panic.

• posted by Mincemeat
    on

Well week 3 was ok and then my grand-daughters eighteenth. So drink and cake. Felt hungry since and a bad start to week 4. Weight the same so not too bad. Will be on it tomorrow. Must stay focussed.

Please log in or register to post a reply.