My next 8 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Elvis Jones
    on

Hi all,

Here is a rough guide at what i’m looking to put in practice as my diet for the next 8 weeks. Thoughts ??

Breakfast –

Flat mushroom, cherry tomatos & bacon medallions
    Scrabbled eggs & beans ( reduced sugar )
    Flat Mushroom and poached eggs
    bacon medallion & egg baked in the oven
    Mushroom and cheesy beans ( reduced sugar )

Shakes instead of cooked breakfast

Green tea & blueberry shake- Chilled green tea, blueberries, greek yogurt, almonds & flaxseed
    Melon, spinach & blueberry – melon, blueberries, unsweetened almond milk, spinach leaves & sunflower seeds

Weekend brunch – cause sometimes weekend days mean we can’t eat 3 meals.

The pancakes made with coconut flour & strawberries
    A decent omlette, mushrooms, onion, cherry tomato, spinach, worcestershire sauce ( use egg whites and one full egg to reduce cal )
    Sausage ( low cal gluten free ), bacon, poached egg, beans ( reduced sugar )
    Poached egg & salmon stack – flat mushroom, smoked salmon, creme fraiche, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, poached eggs, pine nuts
    Veg Frittata ( like an omlette ) – red peppers, scalons, garlic, chickpeas, paprika, spinach, eggs ( one full and one white per portion )

Right lunches

Chicken salad – chicken cooked in cajun mix, onion, peppers, sweetcorn, rocket, snap peas, chick peas, cherry tomato
    Tuna salad as above but mixed with either yogurt, hummus or avacado ( to be decided after samples to taste )
    Add to that

Spanish chickpea and spinach soup, it has chorizo in it as well
    Med chicken soup – baked chicken breast, onion, leak, rewd pepper, veg stock, tinned tomato, garlic, basil, oragano.
    Prawn Pho, its a soup with bean sprouts, sweetcorn, snap peas etc.
    Veg Frittata – as above can be reheated and reduce cal buy replacing 2 eggs with egg whites.

At home –

Lettuce cups –

Crab & Mustard – crab meat, creme fraiche, dijon mustard, lemon juice ( can add onion or peppers )
    Chicken & Walnut – As above but with chicken, and some tiny pieces of red apple, sprinkle some walnut pieces on top.

Ricotta, Pear & Walnut salad – ricotta, scalons, green beans, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic clove, pear & walnuts.
    Skinny spicey bean burgers – mushrooms, coriander, cannellini beans, kidney beans, onion, chilli,

Dinner

Our chilli ( honey removed ) – Lean mince, tinned tomato, worcestershire sauce, garlic, chilli, reduced sugar baked beans, onion, red peppers, mushrooms, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, beef stock cube.
    Steak with side salad – Leans steak
    Bulked up stir fry – prawn/chicken/beef with stir fried veg, coconut oil, soy sauce and low cal sweetner, chilli, garlic, ginger.
    Cottage pie with celeriac topping – lean mince, tinned tomatos, onion, mushroom, garden peas, garlic.
    Cajun chicken with 3 types of veg
    Fish pie with celeriac topping – onion, leek, parsley, mushrooms, white fish, prawns, 1 bay leaf, milk.
    Courgetti Prawns – leek, courgette, ginger, chilli, garlic, lemon juice, prawns, cannellini beans
    Beef & pine nut meatballs & Moroccan salad – (meatballs) – lean mince, onion, garlic, pine nuts, paprika, all spice, cumin, egg white, parsley (salad ) – spinach, sliced almonds, chickpeas, scalons, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice.
    Spicey chicken & lentils – fennel, red onion, garlic, thyme, chilli, chicken, green lentils, snap peas
    Crabcakes – crab, sweetcorn, paprika, woster sauce, mayo, scalons, parsley, lemon juice, serve with veg.
    Turkey steaks – serve with veg
    Spicey turkey mince – Turkey mince, yellow peppers, onion, chilli, garlic, soy sauce. – served with a side salad.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sounds like you’ve got a plan Elvis. What are your goals for these 8 weeks? I read on another list you are already quite sporty.

• posted by Elvis Jones
    on

I’m actually doing this as part of a 100 day challenge to change my life. The food side of things isn’t actually too hard for me as i eat the majority of whats above anyway, its just about removing the carbs, the wine and the junk food.

I had already dropped beer/cider and had seen my HBA1C drop 12 points.

During my 100 days i hope to get my HBA1C down to a normal level, no doubt reverse my type 2 and regain my fitness. In 2013 i ran 5 marathons in 5 days but at the moment i struggle to run 5k. My 100 days finish on May 17 and I plan to run a personal best half marathon time.

I’m also bi-polar so going to work on getting my head in shape as well.

I have 3 young kids the middle being a girl, if i don’t don’t reverse the type two i run the higher risk of a heart attack, stroke, 10 years off my life and might miss the chance to walk her down the aisle when she’s grown up.

I started my 8 weeks ar 103.8kg so lets see where i end up at the end of my 8 weeks and then at the end of 13 weeks.

My plan is to move to 5:2 after the 8 weeks and at the end of the 100 days move to a med style diet.

I love my red wine so i’ll take in that, sweet potato, quinoa, bulgar wheat etc ( all of which i love ). But need to drop my crisp intake, my ketchup intake and late night eating.

Its all about retaining my body and brain.

Roll on April 4 and then May 17.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Wow! You are clearly a force to be reckoned with! What an amazing opportunity you have created for yourself. I’m sure you will keep us up to date with your progress and I will look forward to reading about it.

Its often been said that you make your own luck so you will have buckets of it. So I wish you every success between now and 4th April!

• posted by Elvis Jones
    on

I have a plan and i’m going to stick with it. No doubt i’ll have bad days but i’ve started meditation with head space so i hope that helps.

I have a page set up on FB to track my progress, i’ll post it later. Its called 100 days of change ( the profile pic is my with a load of burgers )

• posted by CazP1965
    on

Hi Elvis

I like the sound of your meal plan as you seem to have the same tastes as me in food.
    Can I ask whether you’re just randomly putting breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner together each day ?

I’d like to use your meal plan so if you could let me know how you decide the combination of meals each day, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Carolyn

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Elvis, wow you really are organized!!!

• posted by Rita
    on

Sounds really positive how did you do ….

Please log in or register to post a reply.