Missing Roy Taylor leaflet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Anne LL
    on

I am planning to start the BSD and in his intro to the 8 week recipe book Michael refers people to a leaflet by Roy Taylor to discuss with the GP. I am particularly interested in what it says about managing medication as my GP has given me a load of testing strips and told me to get on with it by myself. However the link given in the book goes to page not found. http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/documents/Informationfordoctors_revised_April14.pdf
    Can anyone correct the link or give advice on medication I take Gliclazide, metformin and Dapaglifloxin

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I have just clicked on the link in your post and it worked perfectly. However, there is also another Note for Doctors which Prof T provided and although I have a copy I cant seem to find it now. It was about telling your doctor about the effects the diet would have and advice for stopping medications . You will have to search for it – it was under Newcastle University and Prof T – sorry just cant find it right now

Sorry, just looked at the link document again and that is the one you want = Notes for Doctors explaining the diet and about medication.

• posted by Anne LL
    on

Thank you sunshine girl. The link works from my post above but I typed it three times into the URL box and it could not find page each time. Anyway the advice was as I thought so I shall just use the strips and lower the gliclazide to prevent hypos. I think that is the only one of my 3 meds that can cause a hypo although I am not too sure about how Dapaglifloxin works as I have only just been switched to it from Janumet

Please log in or register to post a reply.