meal replacement shakes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rebecca@SheffieldUK
    on

Hello there,

I am just starting out on the plan this week and very exited about what I have read . My question is can anyone recommend a meal replacement shake that is reputable and reasonably priced?

Many Thanks

Rebecca

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Not really, never use them but I do make my own using spinach, berries, yoghurt or almond milk adding fibre with some chia, pumpkin, linseed or sunflower seeds. Only good to replace breakfast so I eat normal for every other meal. I know some people have tried shakes but most of the ones bought in the chemist are full of either chemicals or hidden sugars. Also, it is not easy to maintain an eating plan that doesn’t allow you to eat. People miss having real food. Hopefully someone else will come on to help you.

• posted by Rebecca@SheffieldUK
    on

Thank you for your reply sunshine girl, that’s sounds a pleasant combination perhaps something I could try on a weekend, I am only just becoming acquainted with seeds, the children aren’t kean. On day 1 I was surprised how tasty everything seemed with the last of a sugar drenched day, felt very little hungry although craving were heavy the first evening. Dr Mosley in his book presents light meal replacements shakes as a option whilst get to know the 800 plan and keeping to the calorie intake. I share your reserve about quality of meal replacement . I plans to use shakes whilst I am at work in the first couple of weeks for breakfast, soups/salads (or what other recipes I can find) for lunch , followed by a freshly prepared dinner. Day 2 , I have a niggle headache to I think the withdrawals have commenced, any tips? Rebecca

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Rebecca – if you need to take painkillers take some, nothing to be gained by suffering if you don’t need to. Make sure you are keeping your hydration well up, as this helps on all fronts and is very important in the body functioning at it’s optimum. I’d say try not to rely on shakes for all the same reasons mentioned before. Making your own is a much better option if you want to include shakes as part of your BSD plan. Could you maybe make a shake the night before, to take to work with you?
    Hope the withdrawal doesn’t hit you too hard and you will soon be feeling clear and energised, in the meantime, be kind to yourself and rest as much as you are able – work and children allowing!
    Best of luck with it all and shout if you need advice or encouragement, ‘cos there are lots of folks on the forum who will step up to offer support.

Please log in or register to post a reply.