Low weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by CEO
    on

I’m on day 9 of the 8wk BSD and have lost only 1.8lbs. Scales haven’t moved for 3 days! I use Nutracheck to keep my food diary and calorie count, and I record everything so I know I’m doing the right things. I’m a 72 year old male and I have to lose 1.5 stone by November 21st in order to have a new hip. The surgeon says the NHS will not permit such an operation unless the patient’s BMI is 35 or below, so I must lose the weight.
    I lost 2.5 stone prior to starting the BSD having started a low carb diet in April.
    At this present weight loss I will miss the target and the surgeon says that I will have to start the whole process again, it’s not a case of him waiting until I’ve lost the weight. NHS rules apparently.
    Getting desperate, any advice, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    I swim 3 or 4 times a week but cannot walk far so its a double edged sword.
    P.S. I rarely feel hungry and appear to have no side effects from the 800 calories. I am in the pre diabetic range and there has been no noticeable change in my blood sugar levels,

• posted by CEO
    on

Sorry, I’m on day 13 of the BSD, not day 9 as posted!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of people here who have successfully lost weight who will be able to pass on their experience.
    To be able to give you any advice we need a little more info. – What are your macros? The grams of carbs, protein and fat you are eating each day.
    I hit my target weight loss of 6.5 stone by using the fatsecret app and recording everything I ate. I didn’t follow the recipes in the book because I am a vegi.
    This is a group which not only started out with the BSD, but we also share links to recent research and useful podcasts. – In the BSD book there is no recommendation on the amount of carbs, however, some of the members of this forum have had a lot of weight to loose. Some people on the forum who have a lot of weight to loose have been successful in regularly loosing weight at the 50g of carbs a day, but others have found that they have to drop down to 20g. I have found the podcasts by Dr Bikman that I posted a link to a few months ago on the Take a Look at this thread very helpful in understanding the importance of getting as low as possible on carbs and how important it is to get insulin levels low so that your body can access your fat stores.
    On the other hand, its important to remember that our body doesn’t burn the fat out of a single cell at a time, but instead burns a little fat from a number of cells replacing the fat burnt with water, and only when your body has used all of the fat from those cells does it release the water and the scales change. Its called the whoosh effect. So don’t expect the scales to move every day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.