Lactose intolerant

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all, I did the BSD 8 weeks last year with some success, if I’m honest I probably didn’t stick to it very well because I had massive problems with carb flu for about four weeks and just felt awful, and didn’t have the time to feel like that in a busy time at work. However I’m just starting out again and giving it another go, but I’ve recently been diagnosed as lactose intolerant – I know there are lactose free alternatives for many products, including Greek yoghurt, but these also always seem to be low fat by default too, so I’m struggling to get enough “fat” in my diet to curb appetite etc. And before anyone suggests it, I cannot bear avocado so please don’t advise I add a chunk of that!! I also don’t like oily fish, I’ve really tried but I just can’t. I eat a fair amount of nuts, plenty of veg and lean protein, I love beans and chickpeas etc so I can meet my calorie count easily, but I’m starving (two weeks in now) all the time. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can up the fat content without full fat dairy products? Thanks in advance!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Florob85, the obvious would be full fat cheeses from goats or sheep milk, and of course the always available extra
    virgin olive oil or grassfed butter on your vegetables. The yolks of eggs are where the fats reside, and the whites contain
    the protein.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Florob, I should also have said that lactose intolerance is the result of a certain protein only found in cow’s milk,
    so you may well be safe with a product derivative from sheep or goat’s milk. Best of luck to you this time out 🙂

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.