Kicking off tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FatBeGone
    on

Hi everyone,

I’m starting the diet tomorrow. I’m planning to keep to 800 cals on most days and allow myself a little more on other days. So I’m aiming for something between the 5:2 and fast 800. I’m not sure if there are any other newbies out there, but it would be great to share the journey.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

There is a thread called ‘any new starters out there – starting 16th Sept …. you could join up with that poster called spalmon

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Hi Fatbegone, I started on Saturday so am on my third day and my approach is to work my way down to the 800 cals and 50g carbs as I have been eating a LOT more than that. I think I will be also giving myself one or two days where the Cals and carbs go up a bit to allow for a glass of wine at the weekend.
    It would be great to share challenges and support!
    I weighed in at 83 kg on Saturday morning which was horrible, my ” normal ” weight was always 66kg. I have been eating badly for three years, ( really badly!) so am really determined to make this work.
    Good luck, hope your first day goes well x

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Thanks for thinking of me Sunshine Girl! X

• posted by lordburnside
    on

Hi I started yesterday and lost 3 lbs on my first day. I haven’t felt hungry but my head feels like I have had too much fresh air.

Hope to lose 7 lbs week one and that will be the first weight achievement in a long time.

I said I would never go over 15 stone/210 lbs but at my worst was 15stone 11lbs. Now decided its time to get to a better weight before diabetes kicks in.

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Well done on your first day and good luck
    – I felt light headed too for the first couple of days and that seems to have passed now. If I stick to my dinner plan I’ll do 843 cals today and 60g carbs and I feel ok so I’m really happy I’m going in the right direction x

• posted by FatBeGone
    on

Hi lordburnside, spalmon and sunshinegirl,

Thank you all for your posts! I’ve joined your thread Spalmon, you could join us newbies too lordburnside, if you haven’t already!

I completely chickened out yesterday, but I’ve kicked off today instead.

Looking forward to sharing the journey 🙂

• posted by lordburnside
    on

ok will do. Day 3 starts for me tomorrow. Hoping for another 2lbs off when I weigh in tomorrow.

• posted by lordburnside
    on

Dear Kickers,

Day 3 for me. Fuzzy head has cleared a lot. Weigh in this morning was a loss of 4.4lbs to date and my fasting blood sugar is down to 6.3. I have my Dads testing kit!
    It’s all going well so far. Hope to lose 7lbs by Saturday but going for a booze up on Saturday so may put on some by Monday unless I do some more excel isle which I won’t like! beginning to dream of roast beef and Yorkshire puddings…….

• posted by lordburnside
    on

exercise that was suppose to say

• posted by tricia65
    on

Hi everyone, have been thinking of doing this for a while, when I read the books I was full of motivation but as soon as they go on the shelf I forget about it again. Having checked out the website and seen lots of people in the same boat I’m going for it, weighed myself this morning, 13 st 1lb, my god, I haven’t been this heavy since I had my daughter 29 years ago! So, here goes , wish me luck.

• posted by lordburnside
    on

Hi Tricia 65. Best of luck. I am on day 4 and have lost 5lbs so I am reasonably happy. I haven’t been hungry yet but had a fuzzy head. I have joined up for the 12 weeks as well. I am 15st 3 today and my ideal weight is 12st but would be happy with your weight.

On Monday I looked 8 months pregnant and now I look 6 months pregnant – its the beer!

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Dear all…well, having fallen off the wagon on Wednesday I had a better day yesterday but still not completely back on track so I am going to have to sharpen up my willpower as it seems like one bad day becomes two or three for me.
    Determined to stick to it properly and completely today so am logging my food and am going to be ready and planned to go to he gym after work so I get my exercise done and it stops me craving the Friday night wine and crisps .
    Have a successful and happy day everyone! X

• posted by lordburnside
    on

If it is any help I get no cravings at all. When I ate fruit/crisps/potatoes and bread (bread is the work of the devil) I did crave madly. I have known myself have a huge Sunday lunch then open a bag of crisps an hour later.

I have lived of salad and veg and fish this week (no alcohol) and no cravings. SO from now on I will only eat crisps (aren’t they great – seabrooks plain are my favourite) when I am underweight! That’s about Christmas if I stick to it.

• posted by maddoglady
    on

Hope it’s going well. I am on day 3 and found today difficult, seem to be feeling hungrier, but so far sticking to it!

• posted by Spalmon
    on

Hope you had a good evening and day everyone xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.