just started – very hungry!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janey76
    on

Hi – my blood sugar diet has started today. I am a busy mum of two on a teacher training course – and want to lose weight and sort out my blood sugars prior to my 40th birthday which is a big milestone for me in three months time. I am on day two and to be honest really hungry! I don’t know whether 800 calories is just too low for me or if I have just got into the habit of eating too much nd am used to it hence feling really hungry now! Any advice appreciated!

• posted by tree-peony
    on

Hi Janey

What I do is to drink LOADS! I am majoring on fruit tea and fizzy water which seems to keep the hunger pangs away mostly. Make sure you’re eating lots of leafy green veg as well and you fat intake is very important, as fat triggers the Leptin response that turns off the “I’m still hungry” false message. Also it does seem to get easier after about day 3, so stick with it!

Good Luck!
    TP

• posted by Janey76
    on

Ah thanks TP – taken on your advice – I do feel very very tired but also on ‘the right track’ so pressing onwards ….. ☺️

• posted by tree-peony
    on

excellent 🙂

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi, keep at it ! I’m on my first day today and have coped ok, but have actively made a point of keeping away from food (other than what I’ve allowed myself to eat).I had a major headache earlier on, but I think that is more to do with getting up at 4am for work !!
    How about we both check in whenever possible, and offer some advice !!
    Good luck and keep at it !! You can do it.

Kev

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Hi Janey76 I’m on day 4 and I’m not to hungry today. However, yesterday I could’ve eaten anything. I’m trying to drink fizzy water every time I get a hunger pang. Seems to help. But stick with it, keep your mind busy and goodluck

• posted by johnfisher
    on

You need to give it time. The first week is the hardest. Just going into 7th week. Blood dropped to 5.4 from 6.9. Lost 32 yes 32lbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.