Jumping on board

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Hi. I’ve decided to try this. Actually correctionI have decided to DO THIS!
    I have about 8 kg to lose which has crept on 4kg per year over the past 2 years. Fast forward another year, 2 years, 10?? Eeek. I don’t like where this is heading….. I also know I use food to switch off, manage stress and it is not helpful.
    Very hopeful that the Fast800 will shed the weight rapidly and then I can maintain.
    When I first read that the diet was only 800 cals a day my initial reaction was that’s ridiculous! How can anyone live on 800 cals a day? But I have been lurking for a while and seen so many inspirational stories. If all you awesome people can do it, why can’t I?
    So I am on day 3. I have to say I have NEVER eaten so little and am amazed people can function on 800 calories a day!!! I couldn’t sleep last night I was so hungry. I felt almost panicky mid afternoon yesterday at the thought of how much I had to do that evening with so little food for energy. I have just had 2 boiled eggs for breakfast which haven’t touched the sides, SO I am on here hoping for some motivation by making myself accountable.
    I have also just taken delivery of an Ocado order. I am normally an Aldi girl but hey since I am eating about 1/3rd of what I am used to then I can afford luxury food. So have bought lots of prawns, salmon, Glorious Soups, lean chicken and Cauli-rice ready meals and LOADS of veg. Anyway that is me. Here’s to a leaner, greener future!

• posted by LoganWilliamsq
    on

Hey, glad that you start do this! Gl with that. Hope you will be ok. Waiting for youre results)

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Thanks! Hurray lunchtime! Survived on my 2 eggs. Having a big salad for lunch. I was hungrier on day 2 than day 1 and am now hungrier than I was yesterday. So I have visions of this just getting harder and harder each day a nd becoming more and more food obsessed and starving!! But that does not seem to be how other people experience this so fingers crossed.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I understand how you feel, I thought the same about 800 cals, and no carbs when I started. I promise it does get easier once your body and mind adapt to this way of eating. –

I also went through a period of finding it difficult to get to sleep when I first started. Carbs do make the amino acids which help people get to sleep easier to access, your body just takes a little time to get used to lower carb levels.

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Thanks JGwen. That’s reassuring. Xx

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi ChimpTamer.

The first few days are the most difficult. Once you and your body are over the shock and adapted to the change it gets much easier. Very soon your body will be getting energy from your fat reserves and you’ll feel much better.

• posted by Tenderfoot
    on

Welcome. I just started as well. Just finishing day 4. The good news is that I am seeing the numbers on the scale go down. (I know, maybe water weight loss, but still encouraging). Unlike you, I have very little appetite! I must be detoxing in that I feel slightly strange and could not sleep last night. I am encouraged by all the support from members here and hope you find it easier day by day. I have tried many diets, and I think this one combines all the best (keto, Mediterranean, IF, calorie counting). So I am very hopeful and wish you great success and even blood sugar real soon.
    Tenderfoot

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Thanks Squidge. Hope so!
    Thanks Tenderfoot. So you are 1 day ahead! Maybe we can check in with each other every so often to make sure we stay on track?
    I felt rubbish last night and have woken up with a pounding headache and no energy. Sugar withdrawal I guess? But have weighed myself and am 1.8kg down. I know that is probably water and is not ‘real’. Plus a kilo of that was halfterm mega splurge. So 0.8kg really. Which is still encouraging in 3 days.
    I live with a semi-professional triathlete (top age grouper) and 2 sporty kids. All super-skinny with hollow legs. So the house is rammed full of carbs all the time. My son has just eaten 3 weetabix, & 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and jam! The cupboard is full of chocolate bars, cakes and biscuits. I can’t get rid of any of it as it’s nt their problem I have gained too much weight. Still the whole world is full of carb and junk food. I need to learn to deal with triggers so might as well start now in my own house! Onwards and downwards……

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Ok so my 2 weeks are done. I am astonished by the results:
    Week 1: 2.7 kilos down.
    Week 2: 1.1 kg down
    Total: 3.8 kilos. I am almost half way there!! And I am the person who NEVER loses weight on diets.

Non scale victories:
    – I can wear my suit jacket done up now. Does not strain over the bust
    – 2 inches off my belly
    – All clothes looser
    – Better energy
    – More stable mood.
    Love, love this approac!!

Top tips that have helped me
    – Buying luxury foods so I feel self indulgent not deprived!
    – Planning ahead and being oragnised
    – Never running out of the right kind of food
    – Keeping busy
    – Reading the forum and the books.

Good luck everyone else. x

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Well done ChimpTamer, what an achievement. It really is powerful understanding the reasons behind weight gain and loss isn’t it?
    Good luck with the rest of your journey 🙂

• posted by KazzUK
    on

That’s fantastic Chimp Trainer! Organisation is most definitely the key for me. Very please for you! There’s a maintenance thread for when you get to goal if you’re interested. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.