Is intermittent fasting safe? Michael's thoughts on the recent study on rats.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hello
    Thanks for posting this. I was reading it last night; It’s always helpful to get some additional info.

More generally, it would be interesting to find out why (by what mechanism) the type of intermittent fasting described might lead to increased risk of diabetes in rats – I might try to get hold of that research (just me being an info geek). This info is timely for me as I’m considering incorporating some intermittent fasting (36/42 water only) once a week for a while to help encourage greater loss of the visceral fat around my waist. (I came on the Forum to post to someone about it). Something to think about!

NB Can I just add a personal thanks to Michael Mosley and yourselves – I’ve been doing the BSD since last August when I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. My diagnosis Hba1c was 11.8% (106) and my first 3 month Hba1c had dropped right down to 5.4% (35). I’m now 9st and my blood sugars are back in the normal range. Couldn’t have done it without the information MM provided in his book but also couldn’t have done it without the support of this Forum which you make possible. Thanks xx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

I wondered who sponsored it and what they were looking to prove? Looks as though it was designed for headlines and it’s worked. There’s a lot of people who want to protect their income stream whatever the cost to individuals.
    And I’d like to thank Michael too; it’s been an absolute revelation.

Please log in or register to post a reply.