Introduction

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kullboys
    on

Hello you
    I am a new Member and I look forward to many more to exchange information easily.
    Thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey kullboys – Welcome aboard! Hopefully you will soon be posting details of your progress and giving us an opportunity to celebrate with you. Make good use of this wonderful resource. There are lots of lovely people on the forum waiting to offer advice and support if you need it. Use the search box in the top right of the page, to look for specific topics, but if in doubt, shout out and someone will definitely respond.

Best wishes to you for success on the BSD.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welcome aboard kullboys.

Can I ask what your aims are? Are you embarking on BSD for health reasons (T2D maybe) or simply to lose weight?

Whatever your reasons, you will find us all a happy, helpful, inclusive lot, ready to offer help / advice when needed, a friendly ear when you need the occasional rant, and to celebrate every little success you experience.

Good luck, and keep us updated on progress.

• posted by Mick B
    on

59 Year old Type 2 , have been trying to maintain 800 Cals for a couple of weeks now, but find myself slipping at times. Hoping this forum will help further…. Doing a physical job, and feel very week at times….. Shook myself up 2 years ago. Had a very good G.P. who worked with me on this, but he has now retired, stopped taking Meds, changed eating habits and diet, joined a very tough fitness group, and have had great results…. Blood sugars slowly rising again and now back into type 2 zone, New Diabetes team love rubbing cotton wool over me but don’t seam so interested in personal approach to diet and fitness…. they are now suggesting I start taking the Metformin again, dont want to go there after all i have already done to get drug free, hope this diet regime will give me a kick start to reset again….

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Kullboys and Mick B. Kullboys, dont know what you are wanting from this diet besides weight loss but it is a good place to be. Mick B, if you do your best to stick to this plan you will gain great improvements in you BG levels. If you find the calories too difficult then really concentrate of ridding your diet of the starchy carbs and that will be a great start. Good luck to you both.

Please log in or register to post a reply.