Introducing myself

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by fwooty
    on

Hi to everyone here.. Started the BSD a week ago today, am really pleased with the results so far, feel great, have so much energy I dont know what to do with myself!! Am doing this to loose weight, have reached my heaviest ever, I blame the menopause.. doctors seem to do the same with any symptoms once you hit 50!! Enjoying the recipes so far, good variety and very tasty, getting me back into enjoying cooking again.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi fwooty!

Great start.

I’m over 50 and since starting the diet feel fitter and healthier than I did in my 20’s. I have been exercising too, which obviously helps with that, but having a better diet and shifting a few pounds is what gave me the energy to exercise more.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Fwooty! Welcome to the forums! Isn’t menopause just ducky? I think it is harder than anyone admits — I had hot flashes for four years and that was when it became impossible to control my weight. Thank goodness for the BSD — it saved me — I really think all menopausal women should be recommended a low carb BSD diet! Maybe that will happen in the future.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I agree, Julia! Why is it that women are so hesitant to discuss this subject? There must be a
    psychological component to it, as well as the physiological one. I remember those days! I
    used to store a pile of cotton nightshirts in the drawer of my bedside table, so when I awoke in
    the middle of the night I didn’t have to get out of bed to discard a damp nightshirt and replace it
    with a dry one 🙂 Heavenly to have all of THAT behind me! I hope this low carb protocol helps,
    fwooty. Welcome to the forums!

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.