Insomnia

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gold Coast
    on

I’ve started BSD 4 days ago and have not been able to sleep. I’ve had headaches and blurry vision but not sleeping is driving me nuts and making me grumpy. Any body else had this problem?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Gold Coast, it is common to have changes to certain health patterns like sleep, some people sleep better. But as you are only 4 days in (more now) give it time to settle down. Also the headaches and blurred vision are a combination of carb ‘flu’ or craving and low blood sugar. If you are not diabetic dont worry, this will also pass. If you are diabetic check your BG to make sure you are not going too low. Try drinking more water and making sure you are getting your fats and proteins.

• posted by Ancient Weaver
    on

Another vote for water for the headaches here; migraines especially are related to dehydration. Not so sure about the blurry vision, unless it is part of the migraine.
    Insomnia is associated with low calorie diets, but I have lifelong problems with sleep and insomnia, and oddly, or perhaps because of that, I haven’t had any worsening of them cutting down to 800calories.
    I have a lot of tips and tricks for getting to sleep, so do post again if it doesn’t resolve in a few days.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Gold Coast – I’ve been on the plan for over a year but I can still remember my first week because I felt dreadful for quite a few days. Very fitful sleep, headaches, dizzy and sick. If you have headaches please just take one of your usual remedies, for everything else I’m afraid it’s going to have to be time. Keep up the water, try not to do too much if you’re not up for it, and I assure you that in a few days (provided it’s the diet that’s the issue) you will feel like a new woman.

Good luck and keep us posted on your successes

TC xx

• posted by DorisStocker
    on

I noticed some similar problems.

• posted by Halicarnassus
    on

This is my fifth day of the Fast 800. The headaches disappeared day 3. Day 4 though insomnia, despite being shattered from the combination of reduced calories and gardening!

Please log in or register to post a reply.