I'm on Day 3 (started 15th May) and could do with a buddy!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sallyo
    on

HI Tummymummy, I have decided to let go of this forum. I find the comments from the ‘old timers’ are a preachy broken record. It isn’t helping me. I don’t feel listened to or respected and i don’t need it. I wish you the very best and thank you for our conversations. Sally

• posted by Tummymummy
    on

Ah, that’s a shame, Sallyo. I thought you might do that and actually looked at your profile to see if I could send you a private message. I just wanted a buddy in tandem with me on here for mutual encouragement and I’ve enjoyed our exchanges!
    Really good luck with the BSD and hope you’re soon out of pre-diabetes. I expect you will be in no time! Take care! X

• posted by Sallyo
    on

I can’t see how we can send private messages on this forum.

• posted by Tummymummy
    on

No, I don’t think it’s possible. I tried. Could set up a separate thread for simple, no nonsense diet buddies! No other option.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Sallyo
    It would be a shame if you left the Forum altogether. What about if you take up Tummymummy’s suggestion and set up a new thread and called it No Nonsense Diet Buddies – you could describe in the first post what it’s for. There’s room on here for everyone.

Whatever you decide good luck going forward.
    Marie

• posted by Tummymummy
    on

Ah, that is so sweet, Marie. I expect Sally may have taken off her notifications. TM X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Marie has a great suggestion, tummymummy (cute username, by the way!). We are a very inclusive community here,
    so please join any thread that “speaks to you”, and you will be made to feel very welcome 🙂 There is strength in numbers,
    and sometimes what’s difficult to do alone is made far easier together. I think what MMosley had in mind as a support
    group for BSD has gone far beyond that, and has morphed into a support group for life itself. This forum has enriched
    my life beyond measure, and I hope that you will come to see it that way too. The first 2 weeks are the most difficult,
    and you already are through them! Best to you,

Allie 🙂

• posted by Smead01
    on

Hi TM,
    I have been AWOL and sorry to see that Sallyo has left the forum, but pleased to see you are doing so well. I found it hard to make the start because my wind down routine at the end of the day involves wine. I have now had one week without it and have been strict about what I have been eating. So far so good and I must say my sleep and my mood are really good. I have a very large hill near my home in Adelaide Australia that many of my friends climb a couple of times a week for fitness. I used to be able to climb this but as the weight increased, being busy all the time and now beginning menopause I haven’t attempted to climb it for years. My kids and husband and I did this very very slowly on Sunday and I realized how much I had let myself go.

To date I have lost 4 kg (~7 pounds) and I feel that I am starting to notice it a bit. Tummy still very large and wobbly, but hey is took years to get there so I must expect that it is not going to come off overnight. Hang in there TM!!!

Sam

• posted by Smead01
    on

Help! Alliecat, TM, anyone,
    Seems like this whole forum has up and left.

If anyone has some answers I would love your thoughts. I lost 3kg in the first week down to 79.1 then went up to 79.3 and stayed there for three days and today down to 78.9. Is the slow in weight loss the fluctuation normal. I have been really careful about my food and even increased my exercise.

Sam

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    Were you dieting prior to starting on this Way of Eating? – If you were than you probably have already gone past the initial water loss stage which is when you see the large numbers for weight loss. Once you are down to your body focusing on burning fat then I understand you are looking at 3500 calories equalling 1lb weight loss.
    You mention that you have been careful on what you eat, we might be able to give you specific help if you could share what with us your targets on carbs and cals. However in the mean time a few suggestions.
    1. If you have been increasing exercise you may be increasing the amount of muscle. – Muscle takes up less space than the same weight of fat so your body may be changing shape even if the scales are not changing. Don’t just look for changes to waist and hips. Legs and arms could be changing, a number of us even ended up dropping a shoe size.
    Secondly, fat loss isn’t linear. The body doesn’t empty one fat cell at a time, instead it takes a little fat from each cell in an area of fat cells replacing the fat with water. Each time it takes some fat out of that area of fat cells it ensures the cells are filled with water. – Only once all the fat has gone do the cells collapse and the water is released. – Search for the whoosh effect either on the forum or on the net. There have been times when my weight has fluctuated in a 3kg range thanks to some dramatic whooshes.
    There can be all sorts of reasons for small changes in the readings of the scales, I noticed that my digital bathroom scales have a different reading if its raining outside to when its dry, and I even found out that a 5p rolling under the scales caused a rapid weight drop. Or even being basic, 0.2kg difference could easily be just the weight of a bulky meal in transit in your digestive system.
    If you are keeping your carbs down enough to keep your insulin levels under control, and are eating less calories than you burn, then even if the scales are not showing a change you will be loosing fat.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Sam, I would never want you to feel deserted on these forums! There are many wonderful threads here, that
    you would be so welcome to join in on. The weekly challenges are full of positive energy and support, and there is
    another 4 wk. challenge that is due to begin next tuesday. Look for “july” somewhere in the title. This community is
    full of wisdom. knowledge and generosity of spirit, and this thread has been taken in a very uncharacteristic, negative
    direction, which I imagine is why no one is posting on it. I’m glad that you are still here…Please find a thread that
    “speaks to you”, jump in, and become part of the community. I would love to follow your successes as you make the
    journey with all of us 🙂 Negative personal remarks are unacceptable here, antithetical to what we are all about,
    and clearly frowned upon by the moderators, as well. Fortunately, they are very rare! Hope to see you on another
    thread. Any and all questions WELCOME!

Best,

Allie

• posted by Smead01
    on

Thanks Alliecat and JGwen,

Your posts and advice have been awesome. I think I will jump into a new forum!!!

Many thanks

Sam

Please log in or register to post a reply.