how was your first week? I am on day 4…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mary C
    on

Hello, I was just wondering how people found the first week? I had big sugar cravings yesterday. Do people eat oranges?!

• posted by Syb
    on

It is hard. I have been having a mandarin a day as my fruit snack. You will need to count the carbs and calories though.

• posted by Mary C
    on

Odd thing is, I never normally eat oranges! How many carbs do you think?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Mary,i think when you cut out junk and start to eat better,you get more in touch with what your body needs.
    I remember craving oranges when i first did 5:2.. I took this as a message i was low on vit C so i ate oranges to my hearts content til the craving passed
    Being on BSD tho,we need to watch carbs and cals,like Syb said. I use mynetdiary to log what i eat and according to there,a navel orange is 75 cal and a whopping 19 carbs! Amazing isnt it..all fruit for me apart from berries is a once a week treat now,as they are high carb,tho so good for you. Maybe you should try a vit C supplement? And have a juicy orange as an occasional treat!
    xx

• posted by Alibee123
    on

Hello, i started on Monday too, had real sugar cravings on Weds and my daughter decided to freeze some sugar free drinks so i could enjoy a lolly, it work :). The only thing i have not enjoyed or i couldn’t get right was the almond butter this morning!. So far i have lost 8.5lbs and i am already beginning to feel so more better. I have recommended to several friends and they have now brought the book……

Its good to read other peoples comments , it seems a very active forum and easy to log on to at work which is a bonus 🙂

Alicia

• posted by Mary C
    on

Hi Alicia, that is an AMAZING loss, very envious. If it is not rude may I ask how much you want to lose / as a percentage. I am aiming for 10% to start with 😃

• posted by Katherine
    on

Hi Mary C. I stick to blueberries & strawberries as my fruit. Sometimes expensive but I tell myself “I’m worth it” so spoil yourself with a fruit that is nutrient rich that you might not usually eat.
    I started BSD 3 weeks ago. My 2 most important tools are the kitchen scales and my tracking App that can be set to count calories, carbs and gives a break up of nutritional values of foods. Also has a barcode scanner so no mistake guessing values!

• posted by Mary C
    on

Hi Katherine, which App do you use?

• posted by Wartonatree
    on

YOWZER49 Is there a max number of carbs per day? California is awash in fresh fruit right now & I’m having a devil of a time resisting it. Well……actually I’m not, I’m eating it. The peaches, nectarines, plots, & melons right now, OMGOSH!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi WOAT..( hope you dont mind the abbreviation?) i”m keeping under 50g if i can and I think lots peeps here go lower for the maximum results..its hard tho..specially if surrounded by luscious fruits like you are! I just have one or two small pieces of fruit once a week..the rest of the time i’ m just eating blueberries and raspberries which are delicious,but between the berries and the nuts, i think i’ll end up living with the squirrels in my garden…well with this long bushy tail i’m growing, i cant be seen in public! X

• posted by Katherine
    on

Hi Mary. The App is called ‘ my fitness pal – calorie counter’. Will break down the % of nutrients & you can set what % or grams of fat, carbs, protein you have. I don’t have the update premium version – just the basic. You can make it as complicated or easy as you want.

Please log in or register to post a reply.