How many g/% of protein/fat/carbs?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Florene05
    on

Hi all – just started this, have bought the book but can’t find what I’m looking for.

I am using My Fitness Pal for calorie counting – when setting my goals, what proportion of each am I looking for? I have found the bit of the book that says 45g protein per day for a female, which is about 50% macronutrients – how do I split remaining 50% between carbs and fat?

I’m doing the quick version of diet if this makes a difference?

Thanks in advance.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

I’ve found similar problem same app my fitness pal says 52% carbs yet followed all food advice,today only fish oats cereal chicken (small amount)
    It says no carbs on this diet doesn’t it ?
    Where are they coming from
    Also what do we do for roughage ?
    Cheers folks Alan

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi Alanhypo – it does not say no carb, but low carbs. I aim for 60g a day carbs, many on the forum aim for under 50g per day as that definitely pushes you into fat-burning mode.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

That’s great thanks so much for that ,so if I’m on 52 grams I’m not doing bad .
    Couple hours before bedtime tho !!!!!
    Ever find yourself just staring into the fridge 😋

• posted by orchid
    on

52 grams is fine. A cup of tea with a little milk in an hours time won’t blow the budget nor will a couple of almonds or a small piece of feta cheese!
    I worked out after week one that I needed a little put aside for picking at during the day and I took it off the days budget before I planned the meals. I don’t need it now, but it helped for the first few weeks.
    Turn staring into the fridge into a ‘planning for tomorrow session’ 🙂

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Florene05
    Welcome. Look at my post on Fast 800 forum, Topic : Variations in Fast 800 posted at 5.52 am today to Natalie.
    Original carb fat & protein amounts extrapolated from shakes info. You can work out what you want from that.
    Good luck
    Eureka

Please log in or register to post a reply.