High fasting sugar despite reaching target weight and was it to height ratio

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sumitagg
    on

i have been practicing intermittent fasting for about 2 months as recommended by Dr. Fung as well as Drs Mike Moseley and Valter Longo. The results have been fantastic on all dimensions except 1. Im 5’7″ and was recently diagnosed diabetic although have had high fasting sugars increasing from 110 to 153 for past 6 years. My weight, body fat, waist, HbA1C have all gone down since doing LCHF and IF. waist is down 2″ to 33″ with a WHTr of 0.49, body fat is down from 24% to 18% and HbA1C is down from 6.9 to 6.2. However, my fasting sugar has gone up from 153 to 225. my doctor and i can’t really understand whats going on. does this mean this is not the right program for me and i have no choice but to be on drugs?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me on diabetes and blood sugar readings will be along soon, but from what I have observed from reading this forum a long time, if your HBA1C is reducing then the programme is working, and there can be other reasons for high fasting levels. I have seen nothing to indicate that high fasting levels alone are anything to worry about if other levels are dropping. You can try eating a small cube of cheese just before bed to check whether it is related to the dawn phenomenon.

• posted by RitaRyvita
    on

Out of interest : Has anyone on here tried Tibetan Herbs? I keep reading about how effective they are (to be taken in conjunction with a sensible diet plan). I ordered a 1-month treatment, and began taking the herbs two days ago (basically brew them up like a cuppa, and drink 10-15 minutes before eating a main meal).

Too soon, perhaps, to notice anything different in weight or waist measurements. Except that since starting them, I’m having dreadful stomach cramps. I have lots of food intolerances – it looks like I have an intolerance to healthy herbs as well :/

What has your experience been, if any, when taking Tibetan Herbs? Anyone?

Please log in or register to post a reply.