Hi from Northern Ireland

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Hi, started the 800 cal diet on Monday. My sig gives all my information, apart from the fact that I am on Ramipril tablets for high blood pressure. I did tell my practice nurse I was starting the diet and should I come off my BP meds and she said ‘Sure, why would you come off them?’ I reckon if I start getting dizzy I may stop them, as during my last diabetes MOT she said your BP is fine, you should ask the Dr to take you off the meds, I did ask the doc and she said ‘Sure, why would you want to do that’ – yes, singing off the same hymn sheet.

So, hi to all the other losers here. Many of you vgetarian? I’m making up my own diet as I don’t like most of the recipes in the book.

Will do a bit of reading now.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Welcome Ziggy.

I was a long term veg, but converted to meat and fish to do this eating plan as I need it to succeed but there are quite a few vegetarians on here, can’t remember who. So it can be done. I also make up my own meals as I like to count my own carbs and cals it ensures I get a good weight loss, have lost 14 lbs in 11 days, so get planning, and enjoy.
    Regards
    Jan

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi there welcome to the best bunch of losers you will ever find 🙂

I’m not a veggie but as Jan says there are some here, and many of us are busy making up our own menus as I didn’t like many of the recipes in the book either.

Good luck with the weeks ahead.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Thanks Jan

Wow – 14 lbs in 11 days is awesome, I would almost hit my 10% target loss with that result! I haven’t weighed myself yet, I kow MM says to weigh often, but I started on a Monday so will make Mondays my scale days.I don’t feel any lighter so far, but will find out in two days time. I’m making low cal veg soups for lunch, frittata for breakkie, and had big salads and Corgetti Quorn Bols for dinners so far.

Keep up your big losses!

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Thanks for the welcome Izzy

Just read a few of your previous messages – and saw your 8 week result. Amazing – Well done, plus you are continuing onwards.

Best of luck for that

• posted by Izzy
    on

Thank you Ziggy, I’m really enjoying being on BSD it really feels like a change for me rather than just a diet. Almost finished 12 weeks now 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.