Hi All – just starting out!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KarenWannies
    on

I received my book yesterday and proceeded to read it in an hour – it is wonderful! I have Type 2 and chronic pancreatitis (nearly died last year from it), and seriously need to make a change in my life. I feel like BSD is going to save me and I cannot wait to get started! My BMI is 37 (horrifying), my fasting glucose level is at 284 (more horrifying) and I really need to do this.

I’m going to go shopping this afternoon. I’m going to choose 3 or 4 days worth of recipes that appeal, make a shopping list and go and stock up. I see a lot of the recipes call for 3 ounces of this, or 5 ounces of that, especially with protein. I plan on weighing these out and freezing them in the right size – is this the best way?

I am determined to do this properly, and would appreciate any advice you guys can give me!

Thanks so much

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hi Karen and welcome to the wonderful world of BSD. This way of eating is the best way to lose weight. Some lose it quicker than others and I am what is known on here as a slow loser! However, I’ve lost almost three stone since January and gone from a size 18 to a size 10. One thing I would suggest is not to compare your weight loss to others. Sometimes you can stay the same but your clothes will be definitely loser. I lost a lot of weight initially off my bum and shoulders even though the scales didn’t always show a loss. I made a few recipes from the book but being a vegetarian just simply followed the rules of no refined carbs. I’ve not eaten any bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, biscuits etc since January 8th when I started. There are lots of people on here to support you and for me they’ve been invaluable friends. I think you will be impressed by this way of eating and one definite thing is that you won’t feel hungry after the first few day. Good luck with your BSD journey.

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Karen,
    Welcome and best wishes from me, too.
    Yes, sounds like a good idea to me to divide things and freeze things in individual portions as you say, and/or cook it in larger batches – eat one portion and freeze the rest for another day/s.

Look forward to reading about your progress.
    Marie x

nb I started with a BMI of 36.5 – it’s now 28.1. My bgl numbers have also come down. This way of eating works.

• posted by KarenWannies
    on

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I woke up early on Saturday morning and am trying to decide which breakfast to make!

Chat soon – have a wonderful weekend!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.