Hi

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Demix
    on

Hello everyone, Iv just been put on this diet by my doc, and would really love some ideas on how to keep full. I’m struggling with the idea of adding oil to my food. It just feels unnatural.

I have brought the recipe book, and the book about how it works. I guess years of being told you can’t eat certain foods has stuck.

Any advice people can give me would be welcome.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi demix! Having to reject everything that we’ve ever been told about a healthy diet is part of the learning
    curve that we must master to be successful on this new way of eating. You are way ahead of the game
    to have an enlightened doctor, and that is a fabulous thing! What actually keeps us satiated is a combination of
    healthy fat and fiber, not carbs and excess protein. When you start to count carbs and calories, and your body
    switches to burning fat for energy, instead of carbs, you will feel fantastic, and hunger will go. This is known
    as ketosis, and can take anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks. Foods such as chia seeds, a small serving
    of berries, or a portion of an avocado are high in fiber. Measured quantities of nuts (8-10 almonds/day) are
    really helpful if you need them between meals at first are a good way to go, and drinking 2-3 liters a day of
    water really does help to keep hunger at bay. Keep in mind that this is a high (healthy) fat, moderate protein,
    and low carb lifestyle. There are many very experienced BSDers here, and we are simply delighted to share
    our experience and offer support when needed, so just shout out any questions you might have, and we
    will find you. I really efficient way to get up to speed quickly is to join in one of the weekly or monthly
    challenges. There are members at all stages of the journey, with great insight to share. You will be given
    a very warm welcome, so I look forward to seeing you there . Best of luck to you, and welcome to the
    community 🙂

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.