Here i am again 😊

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wannabe8st
    on

I tried the diet 6 months ago.I lasted 3 weeks and they I badly fell off the wagon and resorted to my old ways.Huge bowls of pasta, jacket potatoes with cheese and beans, cake from my local tearooms πŸ˜• etc.I lost 1/2 in 3 weeks which was absolutely brilliant.I want to loose weight because it is nothe good being a bit fat and working shift patterns in a hospital.I am so happy to come back on this forum as I liked the witty members.I have a preference for fish and vegetable based foods.
    Kind Regards
    Wannabe 8st

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wannabee. I remember you and welcome back! I can’t help you re advice on the aduki beans/pie – you will need to interrogate the list of ingredients, and in particular the amount of carbohydrates. I can imagine that shift work is a real challenge for eating healthily. Do you have a microwave at work? Then you could do some batch cooking of ratatouille, or aubergine lasagne, or some good filling soups, and take something with you. These might prove healthier than processed foods? You will find lots of good recipes on here and on dietdoctor.com.

Anyway feel free to join in to any threads that appeal. You will be very welcome. Alliecat normally starts a weekly thread on Tuesdays, and that could be a good way to dive in. The current one has “refocus” in the title… There is also a monthly group with “Zoomers” in the title.

Best of luck to you. With 8 weeks to Christmas it is a really good time to head towards your dream weight.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Wannabe – I remember you too, good to see you back. I’d recommend making almond crackers to have with cheese, or veggie patties, which can be eaten hot or cold. These are things you can pre prepare and take with, when you’re working. Similarly, boxed salads are a good standby, although not always very comforting on winter.

Hope to see you on other threads and to read of you progress. Best wishes for success this time round.

Please log in or register to post a reply.