Hello, started the diet this morning!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Summer Strawberry
    on

Hi,
    I’ve been doing the diet for 8 hours. So far so good ๐Ÿ™‚
    My GP advised me to use this diet to lose the 4 stone of weight I’ve out on in the past year. I’m starting off doing it with Huel. Are there any other Huelers here?
    Also using TRE and yoga to support the emotional side of things and am hoping this forum will be a useful tool to. I’m a big sugar addict and have to get back off it again. Interested to hear how other people are getting on and about the health benefits it brings.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Summer Strawberry and welcome on board!
    I’ve come across Huel previously because my daughter bought some before she went low carb. It doesn’t really fit with the BSD because it’s high carb and high protein. Are you doing body building perhaps?
    I’m horribly aware that I’m puncturing your balloon, and do apologise, I want you to feel all psyched up and ready to take the bull by the horns, but think Huel might be a bit of an issue. Hopefully someone else will be along with a more constructive viewpoint.
    But still, a warm welcome and hope you get to grips with your weight loss !
    Maggie

• posted by alliecat
    on

A very warm welcome to you, summerstrawberry, and congratulations on your decision to improve your health
    and discard 56lbs! I have some concerns about the use of huel, also. The BSD way of eating can best be described
    as low carb, moderate protein, and high (healthy) fat. The huel product contains artificial sweeteners, and per 1 cup
    serving contains 500cal, 37g of protein and a whopping 37g of net carbs. We learn to prepare whole food and
    manage appropriate serving sizes with the BSD, and I don’t believe meal replacements do much more for you
    than postpone the learning experience. Even 2 c of huel a day comes out to 74g of protein, 1000cal and 76g of
    net carbs. Guidelines for the Fast800 are 800cal a day, and under 50g of carbs. A moderate level of protein
    would be in the neighborhood of 50 gr, not 76. The problem is that excess protein gets stored as fat. The
    objective is to get your body into ketosis, or fat burning mode where you are burning your own stored fat for
    fuel, instead of carbs. That’s what promotes fast and efficient weight loss. Very best wishes on your journey,
    however you choose to proceed ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi Summer Strawberry!

I don’t know anything about Huel, but I do know BSD works. I used to have a very sweet tooth and to start with did feel a bit hungry and miss bread, cake and choolate โ€“ but that passed fairly quickly. I now feel happier, more healthy and am fitter than I was 20 years ago, and weigh less too.

• posted by LuckyLisa
    on

I’m new, too, Summer Strawberry, and have never heard of Huel so won’t be much help in that department but I wanted to welcome you in……if anyone can help you, it’s these amazing and wonderful keepers-of-BSD-knowledge! There are many, many helpful gurus who know this stuff inside and out! I’ve learned more browsing threads here than hours and hours on Google because, I’m realizing, I don’t even know what questions to ask half the time. These threads are full of real, live kindred spirits who have traveled this journey before us and have so graciously helped pave the way to make it even a smidgen easier for us who are a bit later to the party!

Welcome and I’m looking forward to getting to know you ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lisa

Please log in or register to post a reply.