HELLO ONE AND ALL JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Barbie1003
    on

So I feel as though I’ve just found my way forward as I came across the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet book at my niece’s and know that this was meant to be. My blood sugars have been rising since I started doing Slimming World and are at the moment spiralling out of control. I’m a Type 2 diabetic on Insulin and just seem to be taking more and more Insulin to combat the high sugars. I am at present reading Dr Moseley’s book and it is so interesting after having low fat, fat free, skimmed milk etc, etc into me since the beginning of time lol. I feel a little anxious at getting in all the full fat stuff as am worried that I will put on the weight but I’m throwing myself into this and have just done a large shop so that I can start properly this week. The only other thing is I do use sucralose based sweeteners in my tea, coffee and porridge, I can’t go cold turkey but for the past five days have come down to one sweetener from 3 in my coffee, so hoping I will be able to discard them completely soon. I’m so motivated to get started and as I can’t afford the 12 week online plan am going to follow the 8 week plan to start with and have to say the recipes do look lovely – I’ve even downloaded some other recipe books that also adhere to the principles and am looking forward to hearing how everybody is doing/finding this way of life.

• posted by Sallyo
    on

Hello Barbie, I’m doing my first day tomorrow. Just finished reading the book. Bread is the bit that I’m balking at. I don’t have sugar in tea or coffee but I probably do eat quite a lot of sugar incidentally . Since I started reading the book I’ve cut out a lot of that, but bread? I can’t imagine that an egg for breakfast without toast is going to stick to the sides! Lets do this!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Oh dear the curse of the SW free foods – although they are not exactly free – you are limited to how much bread, potatoes etc you can have on SW but they do make it sound as though you can eat as much as you like. Anyway, SW has not yet caught up with the new science on the nutritional effects of high starch foods so you can follow that or join us with the ‘ditch the carbs’ diet you are about to embark on. Sallyo, I have answered your other post about bread so will not repeat it here but do look in the search for other people who have asked the same questions. As for that breakfast egg, try poaching an egg and serving it with a big pile of grilled mushrooms, plenty to eat and you wont miss the bread.

Please log in or register to post a reply.