Hello i’m Beth and I WAS a yo-yo dieter

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BethRoms
    on

Hello!

Where to start?! I’ve yo-yo dieted since I was around 17, when a boyfriends mother suggested I should join her at weight watchers. I was only 7lbs overweight at that time, happy with my body and a size 10. I lost the 7lbs, missed all my favourite foods, binged on them for weeks then regained 8lbs….and so it started!

In early 2016 following the birth of my 2nd son I weighed in at 283lbs, got down to 170lbs but I’m back to gaining now. I’m so sick and tired of this rollercoaster and it’s time to get off it for good. I started BSD last Monday, I’ve read so much about nutrition over the years that I know this is the only thing that is ever going to help to turn my life around forever and i’m finally ready to do it.

Everyday is a school day for me right now and I’m so grateful for this forum! Beth 🙂

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi beth, I know that story when I look back on photos of my in my late teens and early twenties. I even saw a photo when I was 13 and my mum used to tell me I was fat, I wasn’t at all. Just shout up if you need help or use the search engine at the top of the page. Good luck. By the way, you did brilliant losing all that weight (over 100lbs), I am sure you can do it again.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Beth – just wanted to offer another welcome to you. As sunshine-girl said, you did great last year and using the BSD, I’m confident you can ‘get off the rollercoaster’ and achieve your goals. You are right, there is a bit to learn and get your head around when first starting out on the BSD. We are all so used to the low fat/high carb message, getting used to the high fat/low car one can be tricky, but you’ll get there.

Join any thread on the forum, you feel has some relevance for you, as we are a friendly and inclusive bunch, but yell if you have any questions or find yourself struggling, someone is bound to respond.

Finally, best wishes for every success in your endeavour and we’ll look forward to reading about your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.