Hello. I am here under false pretenses: may I stay?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Anonymous
    on

(I started writing this in a reply, but is seems better here as an introduction.)

Hi!

I need to make a confession: I am not doing the BSD, but The Fast 800. I haven’t read the BSD book, so I am not sure the differences. My reasons for dieting are health based (risk of stroke and possible previous mini-strokes) but not diabetes. I got advised to lose a stone by a neurologist (though I think she pulled that number out of her arse, because when I feigned ignorance and said “what is that in kilos?” she replied “2 or 3” 🙄 – it’s 6.4). I had tried several ways of losing weight, and when they all failed, looked at Michael Mosley’s work. I started on the fast 800, and had immediate success.

I looked for forum support for my journey, but on the fast 800 website, the forums are behind a £100 pay wall. That doesn’t seem worth it, especially as it seems that people can’t stay on the forums for more than 3 or 4 months without paying again, so even after paying I wouldn’t get the wealth of experience I am seeing on here. Then – hooray! – I found you guys, in particular the Fast 800 subforum.

So, is it OK if I stay? I am on a slightly different path, where I intend to go back to a less strict diet with intermittent fasting when I hit my goal and don’t intend to stay in ketosis. I want to take your advice and read about your experiences, but I am not sure I belong here. Should I just lurk, or is it OK for me to contribute?

• posted by mumofStig
    on

Hi AngryBadger,
    I do hope it IS ok, cos I’m here for a similar reason, I need to loose weight because I have lumbar spine stenosis and carrying a stone and a half more than I should doesn’t help. It makes sense to loose it as quickly as possible, so I’ve been doing F800 for a week now. The diet plans between Fast 800 and the Blood Sugar Diet – look pretty much the same as far as I can see, from plans in the papers and online. I have the BSD book so found similar recipes in both regimes. Good luck !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome Both …. a lot of us here started out on the Fast 800 (and many are still following that regime to get to their person goals), so it’s no problem at all for you to be here and to contribute. As far as I know, there is little difference between the BSD and Fast 800 and I think on the forum, we pretty much think of it as the same thing.

You will find there are also folks here on maintenance following various regimes to stay where they want to be – 5:2, 4:3, intermittent fasting, Mediterranean diet etc. We each find what is right for our bodies and our life styles, which is especially true in maintenance.

Anyway, if you’re on the Fast 800 you absolutely should be here as part of the community, so feel free to join any thread that feels right for you and I’m sure you’ll be warmly welcomed. Hope you will both soon be posting positive progress.

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Hi,
    I’m back on the fast 800, after being thoughtless few a few years and when I googled it to get back to this forum, also came across the “new” fast 800 site with the pay wall.
    I think Dr M has decidid to make more cash from his good idea beyond the book sales. But… This was here first, is full of experienced people who are doing or have done the Fast 800 or BSD and it’s a very supportive environment.
    Good luck on your journey in this way of eating!

• posted by diane2612
    on

Same here. I think the Fast 800 is a more comprehensive plan in that it recommends the healthy Mediterranean diet, intermittent fasting, HIIT and weight training. Having said that, when I did the Blood Sugar Diet for 8 weeks a couple years ago, I lost 4 pounds per week as expected for a total of 36 pounds. On the Fast 800, I am only losing 2.6 pounds per week–about what I lost on Weight Watchers Freesyle, a liberal food plan with a lot of exercise built in. I’m hitting my targets with Fast 800 save exercise so that my well be the difference. Any suggestions would be welcome but if not, just wanted to say hello!

Please log in or register to post a reply.