Hello and need help with a plateau

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by donnaTN
    on

Hi I am new to the group. I was watching Michael’s video on how to stay healthy and saw this web address. I do appreciate his work. I have always been overweight my entire life due to ignorance mostly. 4 years ago I decided to give up bread and refined sugary foods and have lost 73 kg or 11.4 stone or 160 pounds. I want to lose another 4.4 stone but have been on a plateau for a year. It is driving me crazy… Here’s my plan…
    I have a Fitbit watch and try to get the 10k steps a day with the 250 step requirement each hour. I don’t eat sugary foods or drinks and no bread. I am not sure what to do now. Any help is appreciated.

• posted by alliecat
    on

That’s very impressive, Donna! Congratulations. There are many long time members here, and we’d
    be delighted to help. I lost 10st8lbs, and have maintained it for 16 months, so I know exactly where
    you are coming from. Please elaborate on what an average day of eating looks like for you…Do
    you weight and measure your portions? Do you count carbs? How much water do you drink each
    day?
    Welcome to the community!

Allie

• posted by donnaTN
    on

I generally don’t count anything. I try to eat only whole foods meaning if I crave sugar, I will eat a piece of fruit rather than a cake of some sort. I drink 3L of water a day at least. Recently I discovered that low Vitamin D levels can hinder weight loss. Mine is at the lowest on the normal scale. Am also now trying to take 4000 units of Vitamin D a day.

• posted by donnaTN
    on

I have been wondering what I should do…..intermittent fasting vs keto vs the nutritarian diet…and have about decided that the goal is less calories with low sugars. uggg…. I want to weigh 63.5 kg but am stuck at 91.5 kg.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Donna, what we subscribe to here for weight loss and management of BGL is the BSD Fast 800. It
    does require calorie counting, and carbs as well. Carbs lurk everywhere, particularly in fruit. Many
    of us use intermittent fasting along with it. There are several apps available that will do this for
    you. I would suggest that you either rent or purchase MMosley’s book on the Fast800 to thoroughly
    understand how and why it works, before you decide on keto or another alternative. This is really
    a way of life, not just a diet, and the only thing that I’ve ever found that is sustainable, long term.
    Very best of luck to you on your continued journey to wellness and vibrant health 🙂

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.