Headaches

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by April
    on

Hello everyone,

I’m in the very early stages of the diet (day 3) but I am finding that I can’t shake the headache that started yesterday, despite plenty of water as recommended. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a sugar detox perhaps?
    The good news is the extreme hunger is gone today, I’m not getting my 4 o’clock slump and I don’t seem to need as many cups of coffee to get me through the day.
    I feel quite positive about it all and thought by posting on here it gives me some accountability for my actions.

• posted by SOS
    on

Hi April , you’re experiencing what is known as keto flu or carbon flu. Flu like symptoms due to carb reduction. They can vary from person to person but it is proof that things are moving in the right direction. I’m in week 6 and am only now coming out of the symptom phase. So stick with it, fluids are hugely important and take it easy if you can during these first few days. It will be worth it.

• posted by SOS
    on

Carb flu not carbon ☺

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi April, take some paracetamol while you have headaches in these first few days. Once you are rid of the carb flu you will be absolutely fine!

Are you having hot drinks other than coffee? Try hot water with a slice of lemon or some herbal teas – they are more soothing than just cold water. And I hate to say this, but too much coffee can lead to headaches!!

Hope you are feeling better quickly 🙂

• posted by April
    on

Thanks guys for the advice, drinking heaps of water and headache eventually eased after getting worse mind you. Jumped on the scales this morning and was pleasantly shocked with the result so the headaches are worth it.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi April, glad to hear your scales told you a lovely story this morning! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.